Below is a snapshot of the Extended APIs Usage Reports section. You get to this section via Admin Console > System > Settings > Extended APIs > Usage Logs tab.
All usage metrics are for the defined time period.
- Jive for Office binaries downloaded - how many people downloaded the Jive for Office binary/install file via the Tools page
- Jive for Outlook binaries downloaded - how many people downloaded the Jive for Outlook binary/install file via the Tools page
- JiveAnywhere binaries downloaded - how many people downloaded the Jive Anywhere binary/install file via the Tools page
- JiveAnywhere binaries downloaded in Internet Explorer - download via Tools page in IE
- JiveAnywhere binaries downloaded in Firefox - download via Tools page in Firefox
- JiveAnywhere binaries downloaded in Chrome - download via Tools page in Chrome
- JiveAnywhere binaries downloaded in Safari - download via Tools page in Safari
- User logged in - how many users have a configured account and have connected to the Jive Community
- Jive document published from Jive for Office - number of documents that have been published via Jive for Office using the Publish button (either Publish New or Publish Update)
- Jive document opened in Jive for Office - number of documents that have been opened with Jive for Office. This counts documents opened directly through Office as well as documents downloaded from Jive, essentially any document that opens with the J4O Dashboard.
- Jive document participated in active coauthoring in Jive for Office - number of documents that have had more than one simultaneous editors
- Mail converted to discussion using Jive for Outlook - number of emails that have been converted to a discussion using the Convert To Discussion feature in Jive for Outlook
- JView displayed for Jive content in Jive for Outlook - number of email notifications that were viewed using Jive for Outlook, which then renders the entire preview including the original content and all comments.
- Groups connected using Jive Anywhere - number of groups that are connected to wepages using Jive Anywhere. JA has a feature to connect a page to a Place for the purposes of seeing other content from that Place when viewing that page.
- Web content discussed using Jive Anywhere - number of discussions created using Jive Anywhere, will count multiple discussions created from the same page as multiple entries.
- JView displayed for Jive content in Jive Anywhere - number of times a discussion or document has been viewed using Jive Anywhere, by bringing up the entire preview of that content including all comments.
I won't go into the Jive for SharePoint usage because I'm not sure it's relevant, but please let me know if you want me to add those as well.
The table below the usage metrics by time has specific users listed, and details exactly what they are using and when.
- User Name - the user's name as listed in your instance
- Application - the application (Office/Outlook/JA) that they used to connect to your instance
- Last version used - the version number of the plugin that they are using. This matches what you'll see if you check Help > About in the Jive ribbon in Office/Outlook
- First activity - first time that user connected to your Jive instance via the application
- Last activity - the latest time that the user connected to your Jive instance via the application