Thank you for joining us on Thursday at the Sydney User Group. For those of you who couldn't make it, here is a recap:
Robert Yue kicked off the meeting with an Executive Update. He shared a story about a recent trip to Japan where he noticed a huge shift in cultural Workstyle. A Japanese company renovated their offices to better reflect the way their employees work, with an open floor plan designed to feel like a neighbourhood. (Sound familiar Carol Barton and Damian Fasciani?) Employees don't sit at assigned desks; rather, they have lockers and choose an area to collaborate in for the day. This type of transparency is great to see!
Jive-n and Jive-x 2015.2 Release
Big thanks to Ben Sunderland for showcasing all the new features in the next release of Jive-n 2015.2. We're happy to see Jive has adopted a more "global-friendly" naming convention for each release. "What do you mean by 'Winter' release? It's summer over here in Australia!"
Some of the new features that got us talking: Bulk Upload, new Support UI, new Document UI, and Google integrations
You can find Ben's complete presentation here: Dropbox - 2015.2 update syd user group.pptx
While we munched on our finger food and sipped some wine (it is a networking event after all), the group had some good questions:
- Are Jive customers using Jive for document repository? If so, how? - Robin Moore, ACE Insurance
- Before we delete a document, can we have an alert that tells us where that document is @mentioned in other documents throughout the community? - Jacqui Chan, Deutsche Bank
- Is there an integration for HR tools like ADP? - Robin Moore, ACE Insurance
- How about a talent management system, too? Any tips or leads on integrating a payroll system with a Jive internal community?
- I started an internal discussion about this and will update you with an answer.
Until next time.