The Social Intranet Community Manager’s primary responsibility is to engage users across all employee groups and levels to build an interactive intranet community and foster adoption of our leading-edge social collaboration tool. This manager will help maximize the value of our intranet as a strategic communications and knowledge management tool in a number ways, some of which include:
- Improving employee engagement through content development;
- Hosting dedicated employee communities;
- Helping employees quickly find the information they need to do their jobs;
- Offering tools for employees to manage their lives as employees; and
- Facilitating employees connecting with one another to drive productivity and performance for our business.
The Social Intranet Community Manager will serve as the intranet content manager, writing and publishing content on a regular basis. He/she will also serve as the moderator and will help ensure intranet policies and standards related to community activity, content creation and organization are followed.
Our Community Manager will collaborate with communications leads across the business to coordinate responsibilities, ensure content is robust and current, and identify opportunities to enhance the platform.
The Social Intranet Community Manager will report to the Director, Internal and Labor Communications.
- Drive the strategic direction of the company’s new intranet as a two-way communications tool.
- Work with a cross-functional team of content owners to develop a robust content plan.
- Lead a visionary steering team of company leaders designed to provide input and help build consensus for the ongoing need for change in employee channels.
- Lead the development of the new employee communication intranet technology for the Communications department.
Understand policy guidelines and monitor activity to ensure compliance,Including:
Moderate questions, comments, and general feedback within the various communities Work with appropriate internal resources to address any issues or questions
- Develop a training plan and program to assist users and administrators on the use of the new platform and collaboration tools.
- Provide guidance on the effective use of blogs, wikis, ideation, and community creation and identify and engage advocates.
- Coordinate implementation of internal campaigns using the intranet as the primary communication platform.
- Monitor community activity, establish effective benchmarks for measuring the growth of the community, and define objectives to increase site usage.
- Work with the corporate communications team to discuss new content stories and planning/IT team to identify opportunities for new platform features
- Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of new intranet initiatives. Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field preferred
1-3 years managing internal or external online communities or experience with a social business platform required
- 5-7 years in a communications function for an agency or corporation
- High energy and passion for content creation and curation, internal communications and social media
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large community using social media tools
- People oriented, love solving problems, and thrive on the excitement of a goal orientated team
- Proven project management experience, including working in a team and also independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Background in site analytics (such as Google Analytics) and reporting on key business metrics
- Ability to interact with colleagues and executives at all levels across all employee levels
- Independent, creative self-starter who enjoys learning and working hard