Over the past few weeks, we've made some minor changes to the Jive Cloud Customer Portal along with a visual refresh of the interface. We're excited to roll the changes out and hope to hear your feedback!
You'll notice right away that we've spent some time on the visual design of the application and made some minor changes to navigation and flow.
We have additional improvements planned and you'll be seeing incremental improvements over the next few months.
- Improve messaging and feedback to users throughout the application
- Consolidate menus and provide for a more pleasant user experience
- Improved help text and global link to help text
- Refreshed visual design and user experience
- Improved messaging including: visual indication that you are working in a production installation, consistent user feedback on all actions, release notes and system messages pinned to the landing page
- Ability to enable/disable maintenance mode on an installation
- Global navigation to help text
- The updated homepage sports a new global header and navigation that users can quickly access major actions within the customer portal.
- Notifications are shown in the right column.
- Release notes feature will display release notes for a new release when a user logs in for the first time after the release.
- Maintenance mode state is shown on the homepage, along with a link to preview the site.
- Customer name and drop down select menu listing all the installations the user has access to modify.
- Color coding to highlight whether the user is in a production instance.
- Global link to help text, settings still includes only Password changes, but we're preparing for additional profile/access information.
- Recent activity now indicates is an artifact was associated with the activity
- Elapsed time is included to show the duration of the activity
Update your site
- Files are now queued using a list build element and can be removed prior to the update
- ability to enable or disable maintenance mode from this screen, we are capturing the current state of the site and will display this on the homepage.
- we have combined maintenance mode and uploading a custom maintenance .zip file into one screen
We're very excited at the updated interface and will be continuing to roll out features and improve the user experience in the upcoming months. We'd love to hear your feedback and any ideas for improvements in the future.