I agree with the focus on a narrow set of critical use cases! So here is our list:
- Quick Links
- We need a way to create a set of at least 5 Admin Controlled links in the navigation menu. If that is already available in Jive 7, great!
- Users need to be able to create/manage their own links OR be able to order or prioritize their bookmarks as well as set bookmarks for places. Use cases:
- User works in customer support. All of the documentation he needs to reference is loaded in Jive. There are 5 items he doesn't use every day so they won't always show up in his Recently Viewed or Frequently Viewed content, but when he needs them he needs them INSTANTLY and without searching.
- User isn't comfortable with the activity or inbox pages, but prefers to work from the standard overview page. There are a list of groups/spaces they want to be able to reach easily without using search. May or may not show in Frequently or Recently viewed, but would like to be able to curate their own list.
- Quick Templates - Allow people to use existing content as a template for new content. This should be supported in such a way that one can create a "button" that uses a template to create a new document, discussion or blog post. The current Jive Clone Document app is insufficient for these purposes. We currently use Quick Templates for the following:
- To give people a quick way to submit a request for support from our (internal) Jive support team [uses discussion posts, which Jive Clone Document doesn't support]
- To easily create a new meeting agenda from the previous meeting agenda (or a standard format)
- To create product or feature documentation in a standard format
- Admin Essentials - Rarely used, but important to be able to act when requested. The only thing I really need to be able to do is change the URL for a group, and without using REST.
- Use case - Group is set up in 2008, using a product name. In 2010, the product name is changed. The people using the group want to redo the group URL to reflect the new product name. Just as important internally as externally to reinforce branding; and especially since last time I checked, Jive search uses info in the URL to create search results.
- Use case - same as above, but with a department name
Thanks so much for working hard to get the features we all love and need into the core, or in a format compatible with the newer technology!! We love Ryan Rutan!