Feature Discussion: Help people unsubscribe easier

score 95
Voted on 19 times. You have not voted. Active

We're updated on 4.0 now but I'm troubled by the fact that we can't easily notify users how to unsubscribe from threads easily. They end up getting frustrated when the accidentlly subscribe to the whole community, a space or an active thread. To help them unsubscribe without getting completely irritated with our active community I intended to add the following code to several of our message templates. but apparently some of the tokens aren't present. Specifically ${username} and ${jiveURL}

Here are some examples of Message templates I'd like to enable this code in.

${jiveURL}/admin/message-templates.jsp?action=edit&template=engagement.digest.email

${jiveURL}/admin/message-templates.jsp?action=edit&template=watches.email.thread

${jiveURL}/admin/message-templates.jsp?action=edit&template=watches.email.blog

${jiveURL}/admin/message-templates.jsp?action=edit&template=watches.email.bookmark

${jiveURL}/admin/message-templates.jsp?action=edit&template=watches.email.comment

${jiveURL}/admin/message-templates.jsp?action=edit&template=watches.email.document

${jiveURL}/admin/message-templates.jsp?action=edit&template=watches.email.task

${jiveURL}/admin/message-templates.jsp?action=edit&template=watches.email.video

${jiveURL}/admin/message-templates.jsp?action=edit&template=watches.email.video_comment

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.                       

Not interested in receiving notifications from threads you've responded on already? Remove Email notifications.                       

<p style="margin: 0; font: normal 11px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 5px 0;">Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? <a href="${jiveURL}/user-notification-preferences!input.jspa">Update your email preferences</a>.
                        </p>
<p style="margin: 0; font: normal 11px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 5px 0;">Not interested in receiving notifications from threads you've responded on already? <a href="${jiveURL}/people/${username}?view=watches">Remove Email notifications</a>.
                        </p>

Comments

Vote history