Feature Request: Extended Entitlements to Support New User Roles

score 90
Voted on 18 times. You have not voted. Active

User Roles

Role
Description
Space EditorA group of stakeholders (generally employees of the company hosting or managing the Jive site).  These are subject matter experts and responsible for managing official content in their respective spaces.
Space ModeratorA combination of internal users (employees of the company hosting or managing the Jive site) and external users (non-employees) who have knowledge of certain topics and who wish to volunteer their time and moderate.  These individuals police community activity, reward points for exceptional posts, raise awareness of potential problems, work with end users to help them properly classify their content.  Ideally, Moderators should have the ability to move all content in a space to a different space.
Global ModeratorThis is the core team with Space Admin rights across the entire system.
System AdministratorThis is a group of individuals from the IT team.
UserThe typical user.

Requirements

Requirement: Moderator to move Blogs

As a Space Moderator

I want to move a user’s blog from the space in which I am a Moderator to another space

OR I want to move a user's blog from the space in which I am a Moderator to the user's personal blog

So that I can help improve the classification of blog content across the site and thereby improve the overall findability of content.

Acceptance Criteria:

Given I am in a space for which I am a moderator

When I view one of the blog in this space

Then I should see the Move link in the Actions box.

Requirement: Space Editor to edit overview page

As a Space Editor

I want to edit the overview page of the space for which I am a space editor

So that I can update content and widgets on the overview page.

Acceptance Criteria:

Given I am viewing the overview page of the space in which I am a space editor

When I click the Manage link

Then I can only see “Overview page”, “Announcements”, and “Categories”.  I do not see Settings, Blog, Permissions, and Create a sub-space.

Given I am a space editor and I am logged into the site

When I click the graphical arrow next to my name

Then I can only see Personal Settings options.  I do not see any Manage options (i.e. System Announcements or Admin Console).

Requirement: System Administrator to assign standard permission levels to Space Editors

As a System Administrator

I want to easily assign individual users and users contained in LDAP groups Space Editor permissions

So that these users can perform their roles within the community.

Acceptance Criteria:

Given I am a System Administrator and I am viewing the Space Permission Levels in the Admin console

When I click on Permissions -> Space Permission Levels

Then I can see Space Editor as one of the Standard Levels

The Space Editor permission level should have the same rights as a Moderator PLUS the ability manage the Overview page, create space level announcements, and manage categories.

Requirement: System Administrator to assign standard permission levels to Space Moderators

As a System Administrator

I want to easily assign individual users and users contained in LDAP groups Space Moderator permissions

So that these users can perform their roles within the community.

Acceptance Criteria:

Given I am a System Administrator and I am viewing the Space Permission Levels in the Admin console

When I click on Permissions -> Space Permission Levels

Then I can see Moderator as one of the Standard Levels

The Space Moderator permission level is the same as the Moderator permission level defined in OOB Jive PLUS the ability to 1) move blogs from a one space to another; and 2) move blogs from one space to personal space.

Comments

Vote history

Introducing Tracks on the Jive Community
Configure your Jive Community experience by selecting a track. We'll use this track on the homepage to show you relevant content and help you find resources quickly. You can change your track easily from the homepage or your profile.
As a community manager, you're an ambassador for your Jive community as you build places, curate content and engage with fellow community members. To help you go further with your site, we'll share success stories and other resources.
Whether considering a new purchase or working on an upgrade, technology managers need insight on the best ways to implement a community and learn more about the various upgrades in software releases.
An effective community starts with sound business strategy. As your community matures, you'll want to learn and share best practices for implementation and continued success.
Whether you're a developer, system administrator or a designer, you need insight on building a great user experience for your Jive community. Get the scoop on theming, API's, upgrades and more.
We've got a special area for partners to get essential information and best practices they need for describing and selling Jive to potential customers.
Whether or not you have a specific role in your Jive community, this track highlights areas of interest to Jive users such as training materials, community best practices and an opportunity to network with other customers.
save and close