4 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2012 8:33 AM by Jesse Booth RSS

How does authorisation work?

Bas Baumann

Hi,

I have several (sub-)spaces in our Logica Jive environment, but even my colleaugues can't see the documents I have placed in them unless I explicitely give them access. I have attached a file showing what I see and what one of my colleagues sees. Is there a way to make (sub-)spaces and documents available to all my Logica colleagues on Jive?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Bas

• Re: How does authorisation work?
          Jesse Booth

Go to the admin console -> permissions tab -> Space permissions -> enter space name -> add group

Assuming you only want your colleagues to have access to this space, then you will need to create a permissions group through the admin console and add your colleagues as members, otherwise, add the group called All Registered Users.

To create permissions group, go to admin console -> People tab -> create group -> enter name and create group -> group summary -> edit group -> edit members -> add colleagues. You can build a plugin that listens for new users created in the Community and are automatically inserted in this group for colleagues whose emails match a particular pattern, such as @abc.com.

Hope that helps!