11 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2012 2:48 PM by Dbabyn RSS

Opentext Livelink integration with Jive

Davide Spoldi

Is there someone who is already working to integrate document management system based on Livelink with Jive? I would like to understand benefits and strategies you selected around that

Thanks

Davide

• Re: Opentext Livelink integration with Jive
          JohnSchwiller

Sorry Davide only just seen your question. We have several UK Government customers to whom we have supplied OpenText solutions (and other ECMs and WCMs including UCM, CQ5 and SP etc) where we are now deploying Jive.and actively looking at integration options.

In addition I believe our CH team have also worked with you in the past? If you want to email me I can hook you up with our CH team and one of our Jive teams.

John   

Davide Spoldi

Hi John,

Thanks for the answer, it is never too late. Infact we are now working to prepare our Pilot together with Jive UK Team. During the pilot we will also assess the needs of Opentext integration. Great to hear something has already been done on that in the past.

Davide

JohnSchwiller

Hi Davide

Apologies for not being aware that you and Tomi Bohnenblust  apparently know Sofiane 

Good luck with the pilot. We did a joint bid and deployment with Paul C and his UK & DE colleagues a few months ago and I'm sure it will go well. 

John

Dbabyn

Hi John

Would you be able to connect me with a company or provide me with some information on how we can connect Jive with our document management software OPENTEXT as well.  At AMA we recently implemented Jive and would like to be able to utilize both environments and would like to learn from someone who has already done this.  Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Danette

Dbabyn

Hi David

We at AMA have Jive and Opentext as our social and document management solutions, and I am wondering if you could share with me the success of your pilot and if you did integrate it with Opentext.  We would like to integrate Jive with Opentext and are looking for any information or contacts we may be able to utilize.

Thanks very much

Danette

Davide Spoldi

Dear Danette

We are now in pilot phase for an internal social network, without Opentext integration.

As part of the pilot we want also to understand the demand behind this eventual integration and the complexity of it.

My colleague Marie Elise MORTINIERA is taking care of that. She will be glad to share with you the status.

Regards,

Dbabyn

Davide

Thank you very much for getting back to me, I appreciate the information that your Colleague Marie Elise may give, and have sent a discussion invitation to her. AMA implemented Jive at the end of last year internally and I hope to assist in building a case as to the validity of their integration,

I think they are 2 great products, thanks again!

Danette

fortij

Hi Danette,

I work withMarie Elise MORTINIERA and Davide Spoldi, where are you at AMA in your Content Server implementation?

Did you already start investigations with Jive or Open Text?

Thanks,

JP

Dbabyn

Hi Jean-Philippe

At AMA we have had OpenTest implemented for a number of years.  Not all of AMA is onboard or using Livelink.  Our Insurance department and our Bridgewater Bank are active users  and a couple other areas are testing and will be onboard soon.  Two of my collegues have been working with the system for a number of years and are versed in workflows and scripts.  We use Kofax at this time for scanning documents and releasing them into Content Server.  We have just started investigations with integrating Jive and Opentext and have initiated conversations with our sales representative with Opentext and are waiting for information.  We know that they can be connected with web services but that is the extent of it.  We are also looking into the upgrade or CLM bundle to version 10 so lots on the go.  When I get more information I will be happy to share with you.

Thanks for getting in touch with me and will keep you posted!

Danette

grangesc

Hi Danette - we also have Jive and OpenText here at Sprint-Nextel.  I would be very interested to know what type of integration you end up doing.  We are looking at possibly utilizing web services to archive content from Jive into our Content Server repository but would love to keep in touch on your progress.

Dbabyn

Hi Grangesc

That sounds good I will definitely keep in touch in regards to our progress on integrating the two. From what I have found out so far web services is what we will have to do as there does not seem to be a connector out yet such as the widget they have for Alfresco.  Thanks for getting in touch with me and will be in touch.

Have a great day!

Danette