1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2012 3:11 PM by awroblicky

Plugin error: Plugin testplugin could not be loaded: no plugin.xml file found

mansari3

Hi,

I am a newbie for plugin development and I started of installing the test plug-in which comes with LAB training exercise.

I have jive4571 code base and OS windows XP. When I add this basic plug-in from admin console. It is uploaded fine and indicates need to restart the server.

I have also set the -Djive.devMode=true

As soon as I restart the sever, I get the following errors -

2012-05-11 16:47:50,275 [main] [:] ERROR com.jivesoftware.base.plugin.PluginUtils - java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

Also below is the console logs -

com.jivesoftware.base.plugin.PluginException: Plugin testplugin could not be loaded: no plugin.xml file found

at com.jivesoftware.base.plugin.PluginManagerImpl.loadPlugin(PluginManagerImpl.java:638)

at com.jivesoftware.base.plugin.PluginManagerImpl.handle(PluginManagerImpl.java:1415)

at com.jivesoftware.base.plugin.PluginManagerImpl.handle(PluginManagerImpl.java:57)

at com.jivesoftware.base.event.v2.EventDispatchHelper.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchHelper.java:151)

at com.jivesoftware.base.event.v2.NonBlockingEventDispatcherImpl$JiveEventWrapperFuture.complete(NonBlockingEventDispatcherImpl.java:305)

at com.jivesoftware.base.event.v2.NonBlockingEventDispatcherImpl$Dispatcher.call(NonBlockingEventDispatcherImpl.java:270)

at com.jivesoftware.base.event.v2.NonBlockingEventDispatcherImpl$Dispatcher.call(NonBlockingEventDispatcherImpl.java:259)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Please suggest what needs to be done in this case.

Thanks,

Arshad