F5 Networks is hiring a Jive Hero (er, Platform administrator)! Do you like to admin and extend the platform as well as build advocacy for Jive across an enterprise? If so, this is a great growth position for you. Right now our Jive platform is a crucial system for our sales teams. Become the keystone of the effort to bring Jive to the level of a business-critical application for the enterprise! Apply now at F5.com/jobs - search for Jive! I can't wait to talk to you!
The Platform Administrator role in the IT SaaS Applications team is an individual contributor role responsible for supporting and overseeing the ongoing innovation, design, feature specification, development, and maintenance of the “Hive” social collaboration/community platform (F5’s SaaS implementation of Jive Software). This individual will deliver ongoing enhancement and project requests to the business and be heavily involved with strategic initiatives, advocacy and the enterprise roadmap for the platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- This position will be proficient in utilizing the Jive Software platform and its out-of-the-box administrative features to fulfill business requests and initiatives in support of F5’s growing community of internal users
- As one of the primary F5 advocates for the Jive technology platform, this position will work across business groups to further the adoption of features F5’s internal user community utilizes to engage, enable, support, and learn
- This individual will have the necessary skills to extend and integrate the Jive Platform through the use of various programming languages, API’s and libraries
- This position will be expected to participate in defining, organizing, tracking and communicating business requests and enhancements for the Jive Platform
- Continuously collaborate with vendor and IT teams to maintain ongoing performance, availability, upgrades and security objectives as well as advancing integration projects with other existing enterprise platforms
- Guide the delivery of comprehensive community statistics, monitoring and reporting for analytics
- Manage and publish the Hive platform architecture, design, development and operational procedures for reference by other F5 teams
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work related experience
- 5-7 years relevant experience managing the design, creation, and support of Jive-based communities
- Familiarity and interest in social networking and open source technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including editing skills
- Proficiency across the range of J2EE technologies, particularly the Servlet API, XML, JDBC, and LDAP
- Deep understanding of software architecture, patterns and common MVC & IoC frameworks (e.g. Struts 2, Spring, etc.)
- Freemarker, Google Closure templates, AspectJ, Maven
- Database design, monitoring, report building, and maintenance experience a plus
- Experience with open-source technologies, portal applications, and CMS’s (Content Management Systems) also a plus
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.