20 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2014 9:17 AM by kelly.carlsted

Q1 2014 Chicago User Group Meeting - Anyone want to host? - When can you meet?

Keeley Sorokti

Hello fellow Chicago-area Jivers!

We haven't met since July 2013 when Jesse Kane hosted the meeting at Discover. I'm sure we all have a lot to share as well as some questions for Jive so let's make a plan to meet in Q1 of 2014!

Kelly Carlsted is the marketing events coordinator at Jive and will be helping to manager user group meetings this year. She's ready to help us get a meeting on the books for Q1. Read more about Kelly here: I Love User Groups!

LET'S FIND A DATE THAT WORKS - LATE FEB. / EARLY MARCH

Jive has said that late February/early March would work for them.

VOTE: I created a Doodle poll with various dates so we can get a sense of when the most people might be available. Select all of the dates/times that you are available. This will of course depend on when someone can host.

In the past the meetings have been from 1:30 - 4pm with a happy hour after the official meeting. See past agendas here:  Chicago User Group Meeting: Friday, July 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM CT and Chicago User Group Meeting - Friday, March 8th, 2013 - 2:00 PM CST

ANYONE WANT TO HOST?

We've agreed in past meetings to rotate the location of the meetings between city and suburbs. To host all you have to do is provide the room and a way to project. I believe Jive provides a small budget for refreshments.

Is there anyone who would like to host? We haven't met in the city or in the west or southwest suburbs yet.

I can host at Northwestern but Evanston isn't the easiest location for many people to access. If we do host at NU, we can use one of our fancy rooms that allows me to bring in people remotely (depending on availability).

BRING YOUR DEVELOPERS!

Also, Ryan Rutan and/or Mark Weitzel may be available to swing up here for the day to meet with any of your developers who can make it.  If the spot can be open for more time before the user group meeting, Ryan said he can do a crash course or “time with Ryan” session. Ryan is in a new role at Jive, managing the developer community. Reply to this discussion and @mention Ryan Rutan to discuss this possibility more.

Ryan Rutan or Kelly Carlsted - Can you feature this discussion in the Chicago User Group and push it out somehow to the members of the group? Maybe as an announcement? Should I take off any of the options in the Doodle poll that don't work for Jive staff?