1 12 13 14 15 16 Previous Next 226 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2017 4:56 PM by Sarah O'Meara Go to original post
      • 210. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
        KirstenL

Welcome sherrivance!  We support your support. As people driven tools, communities can use as much help as they can get; I'm sure your team is absolutely thrilled to have you on board.  And process improvement/efficiency/documentation?! Near and dear to my heart. 

I support an internal community where our product marketing team is one of the top users, with pages for each product where the sales team and other customer facing folks can get the latest documentation and news for each product and ask questions of the experts. So, long story short, I think we should probably chat. Let me know!

• 211. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
          Sarah O'Meara

Welcome Sherri! Support and keeping processes up to date is completely underrated. That's awesome they have you dedicated to that important role on the team

Let me know if you have any questions about JiveWorks or Jive!

• 212. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
            oonagh.m

Hello!

My name is Oonagh McQuarrie and I work for Massage Envy LLC and run our internal community ConnectME. We're a franchise company, so technically internal, but the vast majority of our users are spread across the country in franchised locations. I'm VERY new to the community management world, I started three months ago building the community and we launched at the end of March. I've got a background in Journalism and I'm definitely learning as I go here, driving engagement, coming up with community strategies, etc. I'm on a team of two in our communications department, so I'm more than strictly a community manager. I built the site, I've provided all the admin and user training, I assist with login issues...basically, if it's a ConnectME problem, I'll have the answer.

Really excited to take advantage of this community!!

• 213. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
              Sarah O'Meara

Hello again Oonagh! You wear a lot of hats. I hope we can provide support for you in this process, we have lots of friendly and helpful community members here. Let me know if you have any questions (or post it as a discussion in internal communities so everyone can see it!)

• 214. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
                KirstenL

oonagh.m - I totally hear you with the non-tech background, thrown into community management with a heavy tech arm.  My background is in Rhetoric and all of a sudden I found myself sitting in the IT department running Jive... 5+ years later, I still feel like a tech newbie at heart, but am way more comfortable with the admin side of the world... I can even use HTML! (WOAHDREAMBIG!)

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have ANY questions.  I would also recommend that you touch base with bweisman@paintnite.com as your use cases are similar.  Happy Collaborating!

1 person found this helpful
                • 215. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
                  bweisman@paintnite.com

Kirsten Laaspere Thanks for the introduction! oonagh.m, It's great to meet you! My name is Brett Weisman and I am the Community Director at Paint Nite. We have an internal community of about 250 Licensees, spread out across the country. We've been trying a bunch of different approaches to boost engagement, but we have found that it's challenging to transfer everyone over from Facebook (where our last "community" was). We've only been in here for about a month, but I'm more than happy to chat about what's been working / what hasn't been working for us! Of course, I'd love to learn what everyone else is doing to drive engagement for internal communities as well!

• 216. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
                    Sarah O'Meara

Hi Brett! Engagement is always a big challenge since it depends on so many things! You should check out oonagh.m's discussion, Strategies for improving engagement with community ?,  posted in internal communities if you have any tips you'd like to share!

• 217. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
                      lkessler10

Hi Everyone,

Lee Kessler checking in...I'm going to be the Jivemeister for Analytic Partners, based in NYC.  We have 8 offices worldwide.  We plan to designate a local Jivemeister in each office.  I'll be creating and delivering Jive-N training for those local champions.

Our current intranet has almost no functionality (post something - comment on a post).  Consequently, the old intranet is not culturally ingrained the way we want the new one to be.  So, in managing the Jive roll-out, I'm also managing the beginning of a cultural change.

For this reason, we're thinking of using only a subset of Jive features in the initial roll-out.  (For example, we'll be disabling Projects at first.)  I'd welcome your reaction to this approach and, if you think it's workable, your suggestion on which features could be held back for later release.

As a secondary benefit, the subsequent roll-outs of features will create meaningful activity in Jive, helping to get people acclimated to the idea that the platform is much more dynamic and usable than before.  Have you heard of other companies doing an incremental roll-out in this way?

Thanks,

-Lee

• 218. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
                        KirstenL

Hey Lee! I love the idea of a slow roll. One of the greatest benefits of Jive (SO MANY THINGS!) is also one of the biggest barriers to adoption (TOO MANY THINGS!) By getting everyone up to speed with A, before presenting them with B, you should have a much smoother transition. Golf clap for you, Jivemeister.

• 219. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
                          oonagh.m

Hi Brett! It's nice to meet you, I'm also in the process of testing a bunch of different engagement strategies.

We're finally getting around to creating an engagement schedule, so to speak, with leadership blogs, community manager blogs and content posts scheduled to try and boost engagement, all centered around our current promotion. I will report back with any insights! I'd love to hear some of the things you've tried and what you've learned.

• 220. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
                            bweisman@paintnite.com

oonagh.m I'd love any updates you have! We recently ran a Paint Nite version of Reddits AMA and we saw a lot of great engagement around that. Given that there are so many questions around our marketing strategy and how to utilize social media, we figured it'd be a good idea to start by highlighting our Marketing team. This went really well and we received some really great feedback around this.

The other area we've seen success is with monthly startup groups. Anyone who joins that month has their own little crew to ask questions to and to lead to the right place within the community. We definitely chime in as needed, but we've found that this creates a better (and less intimidating) place to connect.

Let me know if I can provide additional insight here.

• 221. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
                              keir.burton@capitalone.com

Well I suppose I should probably go ahead and jump in here!

Hi everyone! My name is Keir (just in case you missed it ), and I am the newish Community Manager at Capital One! I am backfilling Melissa Rosen and Nora Ramsdell in the role. We have a rather well established community and leverage Jive (or Pulse as we call it) as our corporate intranet. We definitely have some idiosyncracies with our deployment, but I'm very fortunate to be working with Tracy Chapman, Ashish Bhaskarwar, and Sameer Vasudendra. My primary focus is to build the community and highlight the social aspects of Jive, using it to break down silos between different areas here at Capital One, and to drive community-wide engagement throughout the enterprise. I'm very pleased to be here, and will continue to stalk all of you super users out there to shamelessly steal your tactics!

• 222. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
                                KirstenL

Welcome Keir! Glad to have you on the Internal Communities site. You've name-dropped some amazing people! Hope we can all continue to help and support your shameless thievery.

• 223. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
                                  curt

Hello All -- My name is Curt Olsen. I'm director of Editorial Services and a Content Strategist for MUFG in the Americas, a.k.a. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (global), a.k.a. MUFG Union Bank (U.S. at the retail level). Headquartered in Tokyo, MUFG is the fifth largest bank in the world and traces its history back more than 300 years.

We are global and organized by regions. Ours is MUFG in the Americas, including Canada, U.S., Central and South America. I'm responsible for managing the content of that entire community on our Americas Jive platform, which we call Bridge, which we launched in July, 2014.

We have a very diverse and engaged audience of 12,000...diverse in all senses of the word. Bridge is a comprehensive site, or portal, if you will. We are migrating to Jive Cloud next year and integrating with the iNGAGED mobile product (within Good) for our mobile capability. From now until next July, I'm gonna' be BIZY! I'm hoping to hear about your experiences migrating to and using Jive Cloud, and also hoping to learn a lot.

• 224. Re: Welcome to the Internal Community Managers group: Please introduce yourself!
                                    Sarah O'Meara

Hello, hello! Nice to meet you curt!  I had no idea MUFG headquarters were in Japan! I learn something new every day .  Thanks for sharing about yourself, sounds like you have a busy schedule ahead of you. Good luck! I know many other users have already made the switch to Cloud, so I'm sure they have lots of tips to share. 

Have a great weekend!