1 person found this helpful
When we did our rollout to 10k+ users we initially held live training sessions that covered a general overview, how to navigate, how to search (spotlight & advanced), how to create content. We also did advanced sessions on space and group administration. We created videos covering these topics as well and posted them in a Jive User Group within our community. We also added training materials provided by Jive (Jive Platform Training) for easy access by our users and brought all training material together using a Training Directory document listing all that was available. All users were pointed to the internal user group for information and to ask questions and as we found specific topics that needed more coverage we would create short how to video clips. When first launching our new users were most interested in (1) how to find what they need, (2) how to create content (3) what is it's purpose (outside general communications).
Many thanks Donna! Really useful insights. I'll definitely check the Jive training platform. The 3 most interesting areas seem like a really good starting point. Mil gracias!
2 people found this helpful
I would add to Donna Skoog's suggestions:
- Discussion around content types (so you get them to use the way you envision)
- Custom Streams and preferences to control noise
- Different ways of getting content: email vs Jive Inbox and Newsfeed
- Mobile access: web vs Jive Daily
I set up a separate support area for those who want to create their own space. Important things there:
- Guidelines and criteria: How/why to create your own space
- Advocates program overview - if they are who you are targeting
- Tile matrix document
- How to manage your own community audience
- How to manage your space
Mil gracias Helen! The noise reduction will certainly be useful as our colleagues complain about too much stuff, even in the beta trials with one 300 people. Can't imagine what it will look like when we've got 3000, or 7000!
For the community managers:
Do you happen to have the Tile matrix document? Is it made available by Jive?
1 person found this helpful
Good luck on the rollout! What a great accomplishment . I wanted to chip in and let you know that you are more than welcome to copy and paste any onboarding document in AureaWorks and tweak / add to it however you would like in your own community. We are here to share resources and make sure you don't have to start from scratch!
A good place to start browsing content you may like to use for your own community can be found in:
Getting Started (as Helen Chen, wonderful as always, already pointed out)
Jive Platform Training - there are two tabs to take you to either Cloud or Jive 9 training.
Specific documents that link to helpful content you can find here:
3 people found this helpful
Sorry, I totally forgot to answer your original question
In case you were interested, some of the most popular onboarding documents in Jive Platform Training in the past year:
- Jive Training: Finding and Connecting with People
- Captioned Video: Finding and Following Places
- Captioned Video: Finding and Following Content
- Labeling Your Connections / Cloud: Labeling Your Connections
- Following Other Users
- Jive Training: Intro to Jive
Most popular content in Getting Started in the past year:
- One Stop Doc for New Member Onboarding : Tips and Tricks Directory (it might be helpful to have a document summarizing all important documents)
- Set-Up Email Notifications and Preferences
- Three Things to Do First (people like the easy things first. Give them bite sized chunks )
- How to Follow Places in AureaWorks (just a step by step guide on how to follow Jive places)
- Getting Started: Sharing Content
- Getting Started: Introduction to Places (explaining the difference between a space and group can be difficult)
- Getting Started: Creating and Managing Custom Streams
- Getting Started: How to Manage Your Inbox
- How to Create Content in AureaWorks
- Getting Started: Creating a Collaborative Document
- Getting Started: Creating a Question
- Getting Started: Creating a Poll
- Getting Started: Creating a New Idea
- Getting Started: Creating a Status Update
- Getting Started: Creating a New Event
- Getting Started: Creating a New Video
Many thanks Sarah, for both answers. Really useful information!
Not a problem at all! It's a great question and I hope some other people chip in as well since every community is different . Have a great rest of your week!