2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2009 9:21 AM by rigo RSS

Widget Animation

rigo

Hello everyone,

I am thinking about adding some animations to a widget that I am developing. I was wondering if you guys know how to handle animations within a widget. I was thinking about using CSS and Javascript but I need to do some rotations and this would be only in CSS 3.0. Is there a way to do that using the backend Java? Or what do you guys recommend? Some examples would be great.

Thanks,

rigo

• Re: Widget Animation
          Nick Hill
          The best way to do animations in a widget is to leverage jquery or prototype/scriptaculous in the widget ftl. Both should automatically be available and included in the page, and provide a number of possible animations.
            • Re: Widget Animation
              rigo

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering if you could provide an example on how to handle the "animation".

I guess right now what I am trying to accomplish is to change the value of a text within a specific amount of time. But I would need to call that code behind written in java. I deally I would have to reload that widget after a specific amount of time without reloading the whole page.

Would I have to handle that via javascript & AJAX? And if so is there any documentation or example that you can provide?

Thanks