STICKY THREADS CAN BE IMPLEMENTED
A way to achieve this is as follows and can only be done by the Group owners:
- Go to your group
- Click Configure (Top Right)
- Scroll down and at the bottom of the existing tiles there will be some that say 'add a tile' click one of these
- From the pop up select Lists Dynamic then Tagged Content
- From the pop up, add a title for the tile and create a unique 'tag' for your group (I have used 'sticky' for the tile on our home page)
- Click Apply
- Your tile is shown with the title you gave it
- In the top right of the tile, click the up arrow until your tile is at the top of the list
- Click Save (bottom left)
- Your Tile will now be available in the top right of your page.
- Anything tagged with your groups unique tag will appear in your tile
FYI Michelle Gantt
Anyone with write access to the group/forum can then create a 'sticky' thread, right? That's not typically how 'sticky' threads are used, but this might work for some people.
In recent versions, the Featured content functionality may be better suited to this. This would restrict the functionality to those users who have the permissions to "feature" content. There's a tile and widget for that too!
The original query was regarding Jive 5. I'm unsure whether the Featured "feature" was available in 5.
Featured is good but content can only be marked as featured can only be added by the group owner.