7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2010 10:30 AM by corey.richey RSS

Definition of Activity Types

Ted Hopton

I found all the activity types listed in a spreadsheet in this group, and I found the list of which ones are counted in reports that tally Activity (in the Jive Analytics User Guide 1.pdf). So, I combined the two sets of information in the following table, but I'd like a clear definition of some of the activity types -- can someone please clarify the terms indicated in the table?

List of Activity Types and Codes

Event   CodeValueCounted as "Active"Definition (if   needed)
      VIEW10Yes
      CREATE20Yes
      DELETE30Yes
      MODIFY40Yes
      HIDE50Yes
      COPY60Yes
      MOVE70Yes
      UNDELETE80Yes
      EXPIRE90
      ??
      RATE_OR_VOTE100Yes
      MODERATE110Yes
      SEND120Yes
      APPROVE130Yes
      ONLINE140
      ??
      OFFLINE150
      ??
      LOG_IN160
      LOG_OUT161
      SEARCH_CONTENT170Yes
      SEARCH_USERS180Yes
      SPOTLIGHT_SEARCH190Yes
      ASSOCIATE200YesAdds tags
      DISSOCIATE210YesRemoves tags
      REGISTER220

VALIDATE230Yes
      REJECT240Yes
      WATCH250Yes
      REMOVE_WATCH260Yes
      FOLLOW270Yes
      UNFOLLOW280Yes
      AIDED290YesRated  as helpful answer to question?
      RESOLVED300YesRated as  answered question correctly?

March 31, 2010: UPDATED based on John's helpful response, below.

Message was edited by: Ted Hopton

• Re: Definition of Activity Types
          Russell Pearson

So am I right in thinking that if a user does one of these activities then they are classified as 'Active'?

Ted Hopton

That's my understanding, Russell, for all the items with "Yes" next to them. I just want to understand exactly what some of those actions actually are.

john.tarbutton

Ted,

Based on the usage that I have seen (and I am just inferring this from the activity I have seen captured in the ananlytics database) here are some possible answers to your activities with question marks:

ACTIVITY_TYPE 140 (ONLINE) and 150 (OFFLINE) always seem to occur on DIRECT_OBJECT_TYPE = 3 (USER).  I believe this has to do with a user going offline or coming online.  Although Im not sure if this is a status or something else.

ACTIVITY_TYPE 200 (ASSOCIATE) and 210 (DISSOCIATE) always seem to have DIRECT_OBJECT_TYPE = 40 (TAG) and then a bunch of different INDIRECT_OBJECT_TYPES.  These are created whenever a user associates a tag to a content item (document, blog, etc. - the indirect object) or dissociates the tag.

ACTIVITY_TYPE 290 (AIDED) and 300 (RESOLVED) always seem to have DIRECT_OBJECT_TYPE = 27 (QUESTION).  My guess is that these are created whenever someone marks a question as having recieved a helpful answer or being answered, basically what you indicated.

Not sure if this helps at all but these are some of the scenarios I see in sample data.

For the search content, users and spotlight search .. check out Mark's response to the following thread.  He spells them out pretty well (his first post in the thread):
                  http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/thread/71062?tstart=0

John

marmanan

Which is the meaning of WATCH and REMOVE WATCH events?