16 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2016 1:31 PM by kiritharan

Beginning with Jive SBS development

Novice

Hi everybody!

I'm new on Jive, I have to develop  some functionnalities to the Jive SBS of a company, and to be honest I  don't know from where to start to install a development environment. I  have the skills for the development, but before developing I need to  install all the stuffs on my computer. I've searched on the documentation, but haven't found anything to make from A to Z the environment for a developer

Can someone help me with these questions:

- Do I have to download the sources to develop/debug new functionnalities (With widgets/plugins)? I make the jar with the ant task, it gives a jar, what can I do with it? Can I deploy it directly on Tomcat?

- With the VMWare virtual machine provided in the download area,  can I develop new functionnalities and debug on Eclipse? (Eclipse in  Windows, Jive SBS on the virtual machine)

- Is there any tutorial to install from the beginning to the end the development environment?

- I've seen that the software have been made for Linux, is there any problem installing it on a windows platform?

If anyone could give me some help, it would be very appreciated!

Thanks all!