12 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2011 10:11 AM by jschwefl RSS

Looking for sample survey we can use to solicit feedback from community members

jschwefl

We are in the process of creating a survey so that we can get feedback from the community members. The survey will be focused on things such as how useful and helpful the community has been in terms of content, discussion, connecting with others.

Does anyone have anything they created already that might be helpful?

• Re: Looking for sample survey we can use to solicit feedback from community members
          Gia Lyons

Hey Jennifer, nice to hear from you! I moved your question to the Internal Community Managers group - this is one of the areas where the cool kids hang out.

Can you share what the goals of the community are? Best practice is to craft your questions in a way that relate to the community's goals. If you're not comfortable posting them here in this publicly viewable and searchable community, email me at gia dot lyons at jivesoftware dot com.

• Re: Looking for sample survey we can use to solicit feedback from community members
            jimjonesWRS

Hm...Gia says that this is where the "cool kids hang out," so what the heck am I doing here?

Jennifer, we haven't done surveys of our community members...however, I have helped design and execute some other surveys (external customer satisfaction, annual customer survey, etc) for my company...if I can help you design the survey in any way just let me know - I'm at jim dot jones at windriver dot com.

Brad Fitzgerald

Here is one that we created.  It is based on a generic Jive survey that was provided to us by my sales person. This survey was intended for current Jive users. We also did a much shorter one to people who were not using Jive.

By the way, this survey told us A LOT.

Ted Hopton

I've taken our annual user survey and scrubbed it just a bit  so it can be shared publicly. I'd be happy for more people to use some  of these questions, so then we could compare results!

It  should take about 10 minutes or less to complete the survey. It's not  short, but it provides a wealth of data that I'm finding invaluable,  especially now that I have two years of results to compare. We had about  a 50% completion rate across the company.

We  also asked people to provide their names (optional) this year, and more  than 50% chose to do so. This has provided us with a rich data set that  we can connect to our analytics reports. Now we can see the  relationship between people's survey responses and their actual activity  in the system. It's also a great way to reach out to people who raised  concerns, and help them, plus reach out to people who are big fans, to  enlist them as examples for others.

jschwefl

Thanks everyone for all your helpful answers!  We actually have a few jive communities, the one I am looking for a survey for is the external healthcare community servicing the healthcare industry.  I have noted below the business and community objectives.  I might have posted this in the wrong spot, I see that I am in the group for 'Internal Communities'.  Gia, thanks for posting where the cool kids hang out!

Business Objectives
                    •Become the most trusted single source of truth for information and best practices about how to implement meaningful use of an electronic health record system
                    •Encourage prospects, customers and employees to expand their business network in a productive, value driven online environment
                    •Deliver a digital strategy that employs best-in-class online-marketing that drives lead generation

Community Objectives
                    •Learn how to implement meaningful use of an electronic health record system, quickly

•Connect with others who have successfully implemented an eHR for meaningful use
                    •Share information that helps others successfully implement an eHR for meaningful use

Claire Flanagan

Just to clarify, this is an external facing community (Jennifer works with us at CSC, and she's awesome!)- we have customers, prospects invovled in this community. So I know questions we would use for internal facing instance won't help as much.

We need to know about:

• why customers came,
                    • are they staying,
                    • are they recommending us (like Gia suggested),
                    • has their knowledge of the problem (this particular community should help them find answers) been improved
                    • have they met others in the community that they didn't know? (and did they like that?) hint; expanded network
                    • have the come back and if so, how often
                    • have we in fact won the "trusted source of truth" in their mind on the topics?
                    • Did we miss topics they needed?
                    • what other topics do they wish we would help them on their journey with?

I'm sure there are better marketers than I that could offer a great list. But here are the general things I know we need to get in this survey.