10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2011 3:47 PM by Jennifer Mitchell RSS

Intro to the group

Andrew Kratz

Hi Folks.  My name is Andrew Kratz, I am the technology lead for McGraw-Hill’s internal community.   Our “early adopter” Beta is finishing up week six today .  We started with 300 users but have quickly grown organically to  1250 users.  Full launch is in July.  I am in the NY City/NJ area and would value spending face to face time to supplement the virtual groups here on the Jive community site.  My interests in the product are broad including:  use of the platform, adoption, social software strategy, Intranet convergence and technology.

Thanks!

• Re: Intro to the group

Hi Andrew,

We are holding a User Group on July 13th in NYC. We hope to address many of your interests at that User Group session. Let us know if there are any other areas we should address at the UG. Thanks for starting this discussion.

Andrew Kratz

That is great to hear Stephanie.  I invited a few colleagues from McGraw-Hil into this group as well as a couple of other folks from other companies we have run into in and around NYC.  I looked around at the documents in the group but didn't see any additional info on the July 13th meeting.  Can you point me to that.

Looking forward to it!

Hi Andrew,

We are hosting the UG on July 13th at McGraw Hill. The meeting will begin around 830 am - 1200 and include lunch. We are waiting to finalize our guest speakers. Once that is confirmed we will post invite in this group and send an invite to all NJ/NY customers.

SB

Andrew Kratz

Your kidding?  at our 1221 6th avenue location?  I know we have conference sapce that we do open up for public use when there are no internal conflicts.  Is that how you got that space?  Or are you working with someone at McGraw-Hill....which I'll be embarrassed that I didn't know about already.

Either way, sounds great.

If you have room in the agenda and think the group would be interested to see what we are doing with Jive we certainly can show that.  We are certainly interested in seeing the same from other companies.

thanks again!!!

Claire Flanagan

Who's invited to this session, Stephanie? And is that the only NE user group? (NY is a little far for Mass residents and would require travel if we made it.)

Ted Hopton

I have July 13 on my calendar and would like to make travel plans. But I haven't seen anything further here or a firm agenda.

How solid is the July 13 date?

Also, for those of us traveling please recognize 8:30 is pretty early. I'll take the train up from Philly, but it won't arrive until 8:30 so I'll be late getting to the meeting location.

Andrew Kratz

Ted,

The McGraw-Hill team working on Jive just met up with the News Corp Jive team today(we are across the street from one another in mid-town NYC).  We discussed putting together an event in NYC with any companies using Jive within the next 4-6 weeks.  We will put an announcement in this group to see who is interested once we firm up a date and location.  Most likely here in mid-town NYC at one of our facilities.  Stay tuned

Thanks,

Andrew Kratz

McGraw-Hill 

All,

We are going to postpone the NE User Group meeting. The plan is to hold this meeting after Jive World 2011 takes place in October.

Jennifer Mitchell

Just wondering what the reason is to postpone. It's been quite some time since the NE user group met, and I think it would be great to keep momentum behind these meetings. I do know that several people I had met/talked to at the first one are now at new companies.

Also, this is the first I've heard of a UG meeting on July 13 in NY. Would love to know more.