7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2011 10:23 AM by Line6Miller RSS

Anyone using SBS 5.0 along with the latest version of JSME?

Line6Miller

Hi guys,

At the moment, we are running a Jive hosted version of SBS 4.5.2 along with an earlier version of JSME. So far we've noticed some issues (bugs) as well as some workflow issues that we are hoping to be resolved in the latest version. Before I get into specifics, anyone out there running the latest versions?

Rick

• Re: Anyone using SBS 5.0 along with the latest version of JSME?
          Jarin Schmidt

While I can't speak to your initial question.... We are looking at JSME right now and I would love to hear your thoughts on it?

• Re: Anyone using SBS 5.0 along with the latest version of JSME?
              Line6Miller

Hi Jarin,

Overall it's quite a useful tool. The filter hose brings in a significantly larger amount of data than some of the other tools we have used and we've been able to begin to understand the customer sentiment around certain products as well as observe the buzz around our social media posts, especially press releases.

The downside is that a lot of its features can involve some arduous manual work and there are other things that just really didn't make sense to us workflow wise. I should say that Jive has been very receptive as of late about the feedback we have given them and from what they've told me, some of our concerns should be addressed in the latest version. I told Jive that it does 90% of what we need it to do very well but the 10% of things it doesn't do well makes us bang our heads against the wall!

I think the biggest leg up that JSME has right now is how it is paired with SBS. AFAIK there is nothing else like that on the market. We love the integration with SBS. It allows us to mark SM posts as Observations and send them right into SBS. We can create Viewpoints based on a series of Observations and email them out to our superiors and other departments. For example, I can do a search going back 1 month for a title on one of my press releases, pull up the social media mentions, mark them as observations, and ultimately create a viewpoint based on those observations containing my thoughts on how well I feel that press release was received.

I'm satisfied for the most part, and I'll be thrilled if some of the bugs we've found in the version we are running are fixed.

Rick