17 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2013 12:22 PM by JasonB RSS

Welcome to the Northeast User Group! Please introduce yourself.

Ryan Rutan

Hello and welcome to the Northeast User Group! The purpose of this group is to give our customers, prospects, and general social business enthusiasts a place to look for people in their area to discuss social business.  As such, for those new and old to the group, please take a moment and let the group know who you are, and what you hope to gain by joining this group. 

Note: If you have topic(s) that you feel would be of value to others, and are willing to discuss, please note that as well.

• Re: Welcome to the Northeast User Group! Please introduce yourself.
          Andrew Kratz

Hello fellow Northeastern-ers.  We are a diverse bunch that are not afraid to go 0 degrees (F) in the winter or up to 100+ in the summer.  I am the technology lead at The McGraw-Hill companies for our internal Jive community.   We sponsored a greater New York area event in the fall  to meet and greet with fellow Jivers just prior to JiveWorld11 and look forward to an event that will be announced shortly by a great partner of ours to get that band back together.   We use Jive as our intranet so that has been an exciting use case.  We simultaneously are engaged with the hard charging social beasts of our company while also explaining to our late blooming staffers that the good old days were not always good and just because inter-office mail exists doesnt mean it is an effective communication tool. 

Thanks to Ryan for stirring this pot.

jmhennessey

Hi everyone,

I am the system administrator for our external jive instance at Rapid7.  We are in our first year of Jive and are currently in the process of uprading to Jive 5.0.  Loved JiveWorld11 and can't wait until the next one!  Really interested in learning how everyone is using jive and what makes their communities successful.

Jess

Paula Boucher

Hi,

I am the Community Program Manager for my  company's first external user community.   We started the project in September 2011 with a pilot for our customers and partners and just completed our official launch in mid April.

We already had existing sites in place for customers to manage cases, search knowledge bases and documentation libraries and get other company provided product information so, to limit overlap of information and sources,  we positioned the community as "another" valuable source of product information for our customers and partners.  Capture.JPG

Under this "customer to customer communications" mission our international users group will soon be moving their online home to our space and we will be using the community as the online gathering space and information hub for our upcoming users conference.

The initial limited scope of the community has given our employees and business leaders a chance to adapt to this new way of communicating with our customers, understand the customer expectations are for engagement in this environment and plan for the resources that will be needed as we grow this interface.   This staged rollout model has worked really well for us and so far we gave had great feedback from customers and partners.

Of course, now that people can see what the community can achieve, new ideas for engaging customers are rolling in every day!

RyanSe

Hi all,

Over the last seven years, I have been deeply involved with developing/driving our business and content strategies related to Knowledge Management to Content Management and now Social Business performing just about every role imaginable. Currently these are the three areas I focus on while partnering with all of the teams that support our three Jive communities (internal, customer and business partners):

• Making information easier to find faster (Search/SEO/tagging/categories/metadata)
                • Fostering great collaboration (Engagement/Adoption/KCS/Business Processes)
                • Providing meaningful data about our Jive instances (Analytics/Reporting/Surveys/Customer Insights Analysis)

As for what I hope to get out of the NE User Group, I am really just hoping to connect with other Jive customers in the surrounding states (I'm in PA).  I love helping people and sharing/learning best practices so you'll likely see me chiming in on conversations as time allows.

I look forward to meeting you all!

Ryan

robert.birch

Robert Birch, located in Washington D.C. working for Polycom joining the group!

james.ungerer

James Ungerer, East Coast Trainer with Jive Software

Rob Kaminoff

Hi, I am Rob Kaminoff, Senior Digital Strategy Consultant, TCS.  As an alliance partner, we support our enterprise clients with their implementation of  broad variety of Jive use cases.  I look forward to meet you all at a User Group (shame on me for missing the May session in NYC).

Nathaniel Elliott

I am Nathaniel Elliott and work on a team from Carney that implements Jive for multiple Government Agency. Simply trying to learn more and more about jive. I work with three developers and a team of community experts that all customize the design, functionality, and content for our clients.

Love to network and converse over coffee!

scoe

Hey, everyone.  I'm the Internal Community Manager at Novartis Biomed Research in Cambridge, MA.  Like most biomed and pharma, we have internal apps that the scientists use and we're using Jive to build community for each of the app user groups.  It's part of a larger initiative to help our internal community clear any and all roadblocks to efficient use of the apps they leverage to do their research.

Andrew Kratz

Hi Sam and welcome.  I spent some time in the spring at the Novartis office in NJ and met Tammy Warner and Scott Turner.  They wanted to "talk social" in general terms.  At the time, they were looking to build upon a SalesForce implementation and implement Chatter.  I spoke to them about some of the limitations with that solution if they were trying to get a high level of adoption and usage.   We discussed the social intranet etc...  Seeing your post I did follow up with Tammy and Scott to let them know of your existence within Novartis.  I think it is a typical evolution path for a large company where different pockets of the company implement a variety of local solutions.  After some time, the exec team at a senior level sees enough of this to pull the trigger on a more company-wide global solution.  Although you can certainly get benefits within a local team, you tap into some enormous power when you get your entire company on board.  So probably not in your control, but something to certainly want to push for internally.  So at this point, I just wanted to let you know about Tammy and Scott so that the "social" teams within Novartis can be connected.

Hope to see you at either JiveWorld or maybe a Boston user group meeting.

Best of luck in your journey!

Andrew Kratz

Social Edge Consulting

scoe

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I'll check with my counterparts in the NJ office.  Novartis has IT groups in both Corporate and Research because the needs are really specific in research.  My goal is to get Research humming first and to work with any group that has a focus on internal comunity as we move along.

I'm not planning to hit JiveWorld yet.  We just got our 5.0 licenses and as much as I'd like to head to Vegas and share the love, I'm focused on early stage implementation best practices.  There's plenty of that material out there as well as the Jive pro services we're bringing in-house to kickstart us.

-S

LRucki

Hi Everyone,

I am Lisa Rucki from BackOffice Associates  LLC.  I am the Community Manager/System Administrator for our internal site which went live this past June with over 500 employees.  I am also the Project Manager for our external community which is in a pilot phase and will go live by end of November.  Overall I wear multiple Jive hats.  It is good to meet others on the east coast using Jive.

aitchkaye

Hi Everyone,

I'm Harry Klein from the Softjoe Collaborative in Boston, MA. I'm a principal in a consulting firm that helps enterprises design, implement and drive adoption of social business platforms. Currently working on a project for a major US multi-media firm as they begin their collaboration journey. I'm always interested in sharing ideas to drive user adoption so feel free to ping me about that or any other social business topic.

Thanks,

Harry

Edward Ford

I'm the Enterprise Community Manager at Thomson Reuters. Our internal instance of Jive (called The Hub) has been up since the summer of 2011 and has seen great adoption since the rollout and launch. I've participated in past NE User Group events and look forward to meeting more of you (and reconnecting with those of you I've already met) at upcoming meetings.

JasonB

From Maryland, supporting Jive use in the Department of Defense