Opt out of email notifications for specific content - This is the #1 complaint from users!! For example, a promotion is announced in a blog post. Everyone jumps on the thread to say "congrats". Most people only want to see the first post, not all the pile-on comments.
Here are mine. I haven't found the idea for #3, will keep looking.
- Bulk/Batch Content Management Capabilities - this would add so much value and time savings. Ideas should be managable in bulk too.
- Copy and Paste from clipboard to "Add Screenshot" in the RTE - this is marked as delivered but it's a FF only ctrl+c, ctrl+v option in Jive 5 and we really need a solution that will work in IE
- Admin console tools for Social Groups, including bulk move content from group to space
Hey Ryan Rutan, I'm just getting started with Jive...I'm using an iPad for everything these days, and in the app store are only iPhone versions of your mobile offering.
So, I only have a top 1 request at this time: Native iPad apps :-)
As many of you are administrators or managers, I dont want to sacrifice your personal administration needs/wants for the feedback from your end-users. So I've opened the survey up a little. Please include 3 ideas where the primary audience is the Administrator, and another 3 directed at the End-User.
End User Ideas
Some many things to consider.....Feedback based upon 4.5.7 implementation.
1) A way to transfer content between users or across content containers (ie space to group to profile etc).
2) The ability to automate membership to a group. It would be nice to auto enroll folks into groups.
3) More flexibility around the admin or moderator roles. For example, It would be nice to offer the concept of a space admin that does not need to go into the admin console to manage their space and/or a way to delegate out space delete to only a few people. As for moderators it would be nice to be able to define the "report abuse" moderation to someone other than the space or group admin/moderator.
1) More robust phone experience. I know there is a plan, so hopefully its just a matter of time.
2) A way to drill in to see who's looked at your content. No matter how much we tell them that people read what they feel is important, they still want to know who's looking at their content. The same goes for seeing who's following/subscribed to a particular space, group or piece of content.
3) Calendar/events and photo functionality as part of the base product.
Mike - I like #2 of your End Users list. Our users ask for that all the time. Have you logged an idea for it yet? I'll do some searching... Right now you can only obtain that information from the Jive analytics database. The main SBS database only keeps a few days' information on who viewed something (I think it's 7 days). I'd like to see the "Views" item become a link (the same way "Likes" has a link) that shows me who viewed the content and when they viewed it. I'd also like filters so I can filter by company. Would be really nice to have this right in the page vs. directing people to an analytics area for it - it's information each author wants.
My Top User Ideas:
1) Create a VOTE Widget.... versus POLL Widget. (A poll is a sample and choice made can't be changed... a VOTE should allow a change)
2) Allow FEATURE VIDEO widget on Home page.
3) Create an EVENTS CALENDAR. (Have a look at Google's Calendar widget options for requirements.)
My Top Admin Ideas:
1) Add ability to FORCE TAGGING on specific content. (please...please...please)
2) Allow more granular EMAIL NOTIFICATION options.
3) Ability to MOVE a GROUP to a SUBSPACE.
Sure. You know how you can't publish a document without a name? Jive FORCES text to be entered into the name field beforeit can be saved. You should allow admin to establish whether they should FORCE users to complete certain other fields like TAGS. I would extend this to suggest that ALL metadata fields should have this ability to force completion... NAME, DESCRIPTION and TAGS.
A little late on this thread, but here are my picks. How I wish I could pick more than just three! ;-)
Top User Ideas
Email notifications for document changes should be diffs (with a more tweak that I have left as comment on the idea)
Allow users to manage email notifications per "watch" (basically ability to set granular email preferences - for tags, categories, digest, etc)
Top Admin Ideas
Feature Request - Assign Users to Group without Invitation (ideally it would be similar to the way google groups allows one to add members to a group & automatically get them subscribed to receive emails too)
Can I be greedy and add one more, if you can accommodate? ;-)
1. Photo albums
2. Multiple badging
3. More granular permission within individual social groups
1. Bulk uploading or moving of content
2. ability to assume the role of another user, to login on behalf of
3. control which poll appears where. (I don't like the recent poll widget)
Analytics for email notification views and click throughs.
If this idea comes to fruition, it will be extremely useful for us. A majority of our community members are road warriors who access the platform via mail. They interact with and produce content largely via email and an ability to track this will be awesome.
I am going to add a few more of my choices soon.
Abuse reporting on 'everything', in the stream and in mobile.
More places to input Status Updates and place-specific Status Updates.
And at 11 on the dial: editing Status Updates to fix typos.
Thanks for asking, Ryan.
Admin: (Lots of overlap in the last 3 as similar needs)