8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2012 11:52 AM by marya.devoto RSS

Setup issue with password

LG .

The German translation does display at the end of setup:

"Ist dies eine neue Jive SBS-Installation, sind der aktuelle Benutzername und das aktuelle Passwort Admin. "

That was at least wrong for me, the admin password was "admin" with a lower case a. So I'm posting in documentation, likely you can fix this. Please surround the password with quotes, "admin" is much more easier to understand and makes sure that the final dot is not copied.

Benjamin Sherman

• Re: Setup issue with password
          marya.devoto

Can you give me a little more context? I'm not clear what the problem is and whether it's just in German UI text, or. . .

LG .

After the installation one does need to run the initial setup (/admin/... URL). One selects the database, user provider and finally also a new admin password. To change the default password one needs to enter it. On the screen one can read that the default password is Admin. Using "Admin" I could not finish the last setup step. I tried then "admin" and this did work fine.

I assume that one did change "admin" to "Admin" in the German i18n file as it is a noun and German nouns always start with an upper case letter. Maybe you can check the other i18n files, if it's "Admin" in all files then it must be an issue with my unsupported (HSQLDB) database.

marya.devoto

Hmm, we don't actually deal with the internationalized files. I wonder if Daniel Neumann can help out.

LG .

I did look it up, find one to fix it. It may help to surround it with a <DoNotModify> tag or something similar, this makes it for translators more easy and browsers tend to simply ignore unknown tags.

jive_setup.properties:setup.adminsetup.current_password_description=If this is a new Jive SBS installation, the current username and password will be <b>admin</b>.

jive_setup_de.properties:setup.adminsetup.current_password_description=Ist dies eine neue Jive SBS-Installation, sind der aktuelle Benutzername und das aktuelle Passwort <b>Admin</b>.

jive_setup_es.properties:setup.adminsetup.current_password_description=Si se trata de una instalaci\u00f3n nueva de Jive SBS, el nombre de usuario y la contrase\u00f1a actuales ser\u00e1 <b>admin</b>

jive_setup_fr.properties:setup.adminsetup.current_password_description=S''il s''agit d''une nouvelle installation de Jive SBS, le nom d''utilisateur et le mot de passe actuels sont tous deux <b>admin</b>.

jive_setup_it.properties:setup.adminsetup.current_password_description=Se questa \u00e8 una nuova installazione di Jive SBS, il nome utente e la password correnti saranno <b>admin</b>.

jive_setup_ja.properties:setup.adminsetup.current_password_description=... <b>admin</b> ...

jive_setup_zh.properties:setup.adminsetup.current_password_description=... <b>admin</b> ...