Skip navigation

Would you attend a monthly User Group and/or "Showcase" call with other internal community managers?

In my former and current organizations I held/hold monthly user group meetings where we discuss a specific topic in detail.  I hold a second call that I call the Collaboration Showcase, but it is basically a show and tell where one of our group or community owners presents their story on how they use Jive to solve a business need, their lessons learned, success stories, etc.  This really helps other teams get an idea of what it takes to get started, overcome challenges, hear use cases, etc.

I was wondering if the Internal Community Manager group would be interested in something similar.  Either one or both types of calls.  I know that I always get a lot out of hearing how other companies do things as well as discussing a topic in more detail.  We could just call that the user group and alternate the type of session if twice a month is too much or we could try to do both, since there are a lot of topics to cover.  But I know that we are all busy.

We could rotate who hosts and picks the topic.  I'd be happy to help try to coordinate getting it started.

Please share your comments on this idea.

Poll Results
  • One call a month to discuss specific topics (15%)
    9/61
  • One call a month for a show and tell (8%)
    5/61
  • One call a month, rotate covering topics and show and tell (61%)
    37/61
  • Two calls a month, one for a topic and one for a showcase (13%)
    8/61
  • I like the idea, but once a month is too frequent (2%)
    1/61
  • I probably wouldn't participate (2%)
    1/61

Comments

Archive Poll

Confirm archive of Would you attend a monthly User Group and/or "Showcase" call with other internal community managers?

Archiving expires a poll and removes it from the active polls list.

To restore an archived poll, edit the poll, change the dates as desired, and save the poll.

Delete Poll

Confirm delete of Would you attend a monthly User Group and/or "Showcase" call with other internal community managers?

Warning: This will delete the poll and all of its comments.