In an organization where there is a reporting relationship, the people who you work with (above, below, or peers on the org chart) are your Colleagues.
Connections is the people you are following and/or are following you (ne "Friends")
So would you say there's a difference between Colleagues and Everyone in an Internal Community? I'm looking specifically at the privacy settings in 4.5.5. People have asked me what the difference is between the two groups, and it seems to me that they would cover the same group of people?
Yes...Colleagues are stricly those with the same "manager" as defined in the Org Chart (or in other words...sibliings of the same manager). At least this is how Jive interprets Colleagues.
By default, a person's Manager is also included in their colleagues.
Alexis, think of Colleagues as people close to you in the Org Chart, where Everyone includes every employee.
Thanks for the answers above. Need some more clarification.
In our client's instance we have the following selections for Privacy (Jive 5 instance). Next to each is my current understanding or question.
- Everyone (self explanatory)
- Connections (people I am following and who are following me? Want to verify it isn't just people I am following)
- Colleagues (what does this default to if the Org Chart capability isn't currently synced with their AD? This is coming for them soon, but not yet)
- Friends and Colleagues (How does Jive determine Friends? Why not have it say Connections if it is the same thing?)
- Yourself (self explanatory)
Thanks for your help!
Hi Alan Lewis,
I have the same questions in our community. How can we define my colleagues as the whole company? We have several companies in our community and we want to have a visibility per organisation and not only in one hierarchy level.