1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 24, 2011 4:18 PM by david.sullivan

Translation of Two Jive Template Reports Network Connections and Content Engagement

s_fariss

I am new to Jive analytics and so am still trying to understand the data structure and elements that go into creating the template reports provided by Jive (thank you, Jive). Two of these reports continue to vex me.

I've attached PDF's of these two reports so you all can see what I mean.

Content Engagement

Content Engagement seems to show percent of engagement by consumer and by creator.  The numbers are listed by month and show as 34.76 or 18.48. Are these percents? Is the top of the scale 100?  Consumer Engagement means?  And Creator Engagement means?

I've looked at the query for this report and do not understand the relationship of the metrics listed in the query. Help.

Network Connections

This one I understand bit more.

Object 49 User Relationship shows an activity count

Activity 20 Create shows an active member count

But what in the end does this mean?

Is the Create a creation of a user relationship?

Numbers are shown as Members Making Connections. Is this Members attempting to make a connection?  Is this Activity 20 Create by active member?

The other number is Connections Made.  Is this the actual connections made by Members or Object 49 User Relationships? And is User Relationship always someone connecting?

Sigh.

Final question.  The Activity and Object definitions spreadsheet are very, very helpful. But this only lists a name of a variable. Is there a list of definitions explaining what each one is?

Thank you so much to all for your incredible patience?

Anyone got a quiet place where I can now go rest my overburdened head? :-)

• Re: Translation of Two Jive Template Reports Network Connections and Content Engagement

Hi Susan,

Both reports are outlined in the Jive Analytics Users Guide

Content Engagement is detailed on page 26 and Connections is covered on page 33...

This Guide is within the Documentation directory under Jive Reports.

In the Content Engagement report:

Creator = created a piece of content (Activity type = 20, Object Type = Content Type)
          Consumers = viewed a piece of content (Activity type = 10, Object Type = Content Type)

The values used in the graph are variables:

Creator Engagement -> =([Creator Count]/[Active Member Count])*100

Consumer Engagement-> =([Consumer Count]/[Active Member Count])*100

In the Connections report. When a member follows another member that is classified as a connection.

Members Making Connections is a count of the number of members 'following' .

Connections Made is the Activity Count or count of connections made.

There is a work in progress definitions guide to the activity types available here: https://community.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-29571 It is not complete yet is what we have at this time.

I hope this helps,

Best regards,

Dave