1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 233 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2018 11:41 AM by ruth_neighbors Go to original post
      • 75. Re: Welcome to the Internal #cmgrs group! Please introduce yourself.
        Manni

Hello, i'm Manni Praditt, current Information Intelligence Group (IIG/Documentum) Online Community Manager for EMC Corporation. I manage 5 spaces with our EMC Community Network. I look forward to learning new ways to improve our communities for a better user experience for internal/external users and sharing and learning with everyone here.

• 76. Re: Welcome to the Internal #cmgrs group! Please introduce yourself.

Welcome Manni! I love the ECN! I've shown parts of it to prospects for probably the last 2 years. Great communities!

• 77. Re: Welcome to the Internal #cmgrs group! Please introduce yourself.
            mamiepeers

I'm Mamie Peers, Director of Internal Communications at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. I hope to launch JIVE soon and am currently developing the vision, the plan, the name..etc.

• 78. Re: Welcome to the Internal #cmgrs group! Please introduce yourself.

Hi Mamie

Bill MacPherson of Skandia UK.

I'm in the same position here as far as the comms strategy and roll out. It's a really exciting prospect and I look forward to hearing how you get on. Also happy to share my experiences - I suppose a Vegas resort may have some similarities to the UK financial sector... :P

• 79. Re: Welcome to the Internal #cmgrs group! Please introduce yourself.
                trishaliu

Welcome Mamie and Bill! There are lots of resources for you here in the community, and do feel free to start new discussions to ask questions.

Mamie, I *cannot wait* to visit your beautiful facility in October for JiveWorld11 - so excited!!!!!

• 80. Re: Welcome to the Internal #cmgrs group! Please introduce yourself.

Hi Noreen,

I just noticed that you used to work at Kaiser. Did you work with Naomi Fried? She helped create IdeaBook there.

Sarah

• 81. Re: Welcome to the Internal #cmgrs group! Please introduce yourself.
                    Jagersma

Hello - I'm Kelli C-J from wells_fargo .  We are just piloting Jive now and looking for all sorts of expertise around Community management and involvement.  I just perused the reply threads and seems like there is a lot of great information to leverage.  Looking for to that and jiveworld_11

• 82. Re: Welcome to the Internal #cmgrs group! Please introduce yourself.
                      sbrown

Hi Kelli... we just recently completed a pilot and are now in full deployment mode. Lots to consider, particularly in a regulated industry. Community management is huge. Not only do you need to identify the right people, they must be willing participants and fully aware of the roles and responsibilities they need to play while managing their community. We have many groups in our instance of Jive and for each group, we've identified owners (community managers). Their managers must also support and sign on to their new (additional) responsibilities. What questions/challenges do you currently have? I'll be at JiveWorld too, so bring a list of ?'s!

Scott

• 84. Re: Welcome to the Internal #cmgrs group! Please introduce yourself.
                        mamiepeers

Good to know. We're about to launch at The Cosmopolitan. This week I've been working with community curators to discuss their spaces and groups. Would love to hear what you did, Scott, in more detail. Did you create a space within Jive just for community managers?

• 85. Re: Welcome to the Internal #cmgrs group! Please introduce yourself.
                          sbrown

Mamie - We have a very organized process whereby folks in our organization have the opportunity to submit a fully thought out use case for creating a community. They are to describe in detail what they are looking to accomplish, the business value and what metric they will follow and report on. A team of us periodically reviews and rates each use case against other cases submitted and values are assigned. Those with the farthest reaching business value are approved to move to the next step, which is to work with the overall community manager (me) on a presentation fully detailing the case to be presented to governance.  Once approved, together we go ahead and build out group structure, communicate, train and invite members in. It is also very helpful to "seed" some content in there so people have some purpose once they join. They need to understand that this is not "just another app to use". They need to understand that it's a new way of getting work done, more efficiently and broadly.. without regard to geographical boundaries.

Sounds overly structured, but it works very well for us. Other less regulated industries may benefit from a more viral approach. It also keeps us on top of the communities once deployed and we can track metric based on what was originally outlined. Really adds to measuring the business value. We are mainly staying with groups, not a lot of spaces at this point, although we will be creating a space for my strategic business unit. We do have a group specifically for community managers where we can share best practices, experiences, etc.

There's a lot here, so feel free to ask more and hit me up at JiveWorld! I'd also love to see your Jive instance at the Cosmopolitan.

• 86. Re: Welcome to the Internal #cmgrs group! Please introduce yourself.
                            mamiepeers

Thanks Scott! Very helpful. What is your team called and how many folks do you have working with you? I'll see you at Jive World and show you what we have up then.

• 87. Re: Welcome to the Internal #cmgrs group! Please introduce yourself.
                              bjewell

To throw a wrench in your cognition, we are in a regulated industry and went 180 degrees from sbrown. We bet on viral growth as one of the most important success factors in early adoption, and we decided that we didn't want to put up barriers preventing anyone from participating in almost any way he wished. Both employees and clients can create a group if they want to; no process to follow, it's just enabled in the UI. We then manage groups after the fact by merging similar groups, deleting groups that never got off the ground, working with community managers to make their groups more successful, etc. Two and a half years and 6000 groups later, I am not sure I would change that decision. Of course, 6,000 is way too many, and we're working to slow the new group growth and improve search so that it's easier to find content amidst all those possible locations. I do wish there had been functionality to help mitigate duplicate group creation (like auto completing the group title field or recommending groups with similar keywords).

Having said that, we did/do strategically create groups for specific business purposes with success measures defined, and we've always worked to help ensure those continue to grow and be successful. I think you absolutely have to provide that structured creation, launch, and management function for those types of groups. But we also felt that innovation happens at the edges, and providing collaboration tools to enable it to happen spontaneously is important.

As an aside, it's because of wildly different launch and adoption approaches like these that always discourage me from comparing adoption statistics. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

• 88. Re: Welcome to the Internal #cmgrs group! Please introduce yourself.
                                sbrown

That viral approach is certainly attractive and has a great many benefit, however the more conservative approach for us upfront was neccessary, at least for now. We will explore where/how we can loosen up the reigns a bit as we get deeper into this new way. Regulations aside, we also need to control our membership as we've not yet acquired the licenses for our entire enterprise. We needed to target specific business cases granting those users licenses rather than a potential out of control member base, groups, spaces, etc. I agree, there's no perfect way. It's all dependent upon your industry and culture.

• 89. Re: Welcome to the Internal #cmgrs group! Please introduce yourself.

Yep, culture is different in different places, and that's always going to be a factor. Keep in mind that you can influence your culture, too, by the way you approach this.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next