3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2011 11:28 AM by Ryan Rutan RSS
      • Re: admin essentials source location
        Ryan Rutan

Currently I do not share the plugin source code as a downloadable asset.  That being said, I'm not against sharing targetted pieces of the code that I've used to do certain features.  In the end, I'd like these plugins to be educational for people so happy to share how I've done things.  Let me know what your interested in looking at and we can discuss.

Dan Ziggas

Thanks Ryan,

We have a large install and have had a tumultuous journey with SBS and plugins.  Because of that we've grown cautious with what we install.  That being said, our engagement team is really excited about what this plugin has to offer so we have to strike that balance.  What we'll probably have to do is install the plugin, turn logging way up and watch the transactions as the team tests it out.  Hopefully that will help us get closer to having a more targeted feature-specific question set.

Ryan Rutan

I definitely understand your situation...not all plugins are written the same...so it's difficult to just throw something on...without giving it a test-drive.  Some things to consider for the Admin Essentials plugin...99% of the plugin is purely out of the Admin Console...so only impact System Administrators...the 1% that is user "impacting" is a feature to help add an extra layer of protection around Social Group deletion.  The default behavior is to not alter this experience.  As for the code, all my features leverage APIs that are shipped by Jive....I'm merely stringing things together in a convenient manner.  Hope this helps, and please let me know how I can help.