2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2011 9:21 PM by pmccarthy

Does anyone have a job description for a Community Admin?

noreenp

Hi,

Does anyone have a job description for a Community Admin role that you can share? We are looking at possibly hiring a Community Admin (tech admin) and Community Manager in one. We are going to have a fairly small community of maybe 2000 users to begin with. Has anyone combined the roles? Any guidance in this area would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Noreen

• Re: Does anyone have a job description for a Community Admin?
          trishaliu

Hi Noreen - It was great to see you at the User Group today! Between Santa Clara and Cupertino, I have already misplaced your business card. Can you please email me your contact info? trisha.liu (at) hp.com I'll reach out to my friend at Cisco who did a similar exercise to separate strategy and promotion from technical administration.

Trisha

• Re: Does anyone have a job description for a Community Admin?
            pmccarthy

Hi Noreen,

We have one of our IT team members who handles application support manage the technical administration within Jive.  He stepped up on his own and has done an amazing job understanding the platform, supporting the end users, and working with Jive support to get the job done for us without hiring an additional tech administrator.  He previously advocated for Sharepoint until he learned more about Jive.  This started by us talking with our IT team to find out if anyone had previous experience supporting applications around collaboration and he volunteered to take it on.

I'll ask him to post here and provide some input about what to expect in terms of requirements and role from a technical standpoint.