7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2011 12:15 PM by disaacs RSS

Internal launch - adoption

Kristen.Ritter

Hello Internal Community managers:

Have any of you recently launched your internal communities on Jive? We're 3 weeks out of the gate, and want to benchmark our adoption against others. We are a highly decentralized company.... so I wanted to get an idea of what other companies have a similar structure, saw in terms of adoption over the first few weeks and months.  

Thanks! 

• Re: Internal launch - adoption
          Dave.Lingerfelt

With us the key was getting leadership to move work/communications into Jive. This helped drive others in. We started with just 3 orgs and grew it from there, but it did take off fairly quickly.

Ted Hopton

These are good questions to ask, Kristen, and it's great if you can get some feedback to help you assess where you stand relative to others. But, as I am sure you know, the impact of culture and organization dynamics are so large upon adoption that it's impossible to do an apples-to-apples comparison.

What metric are you using to measure engagement?

disaacs

Kristen,

We just went live with our platform. We are a manufacturing company where employees are empowered to collaborate and to be innovative. We are targeting only our salaried employees in the primary release (6,000). I created a benchmark for two measurements: involvement and engagement.  My goal was to achieve the following numbers for involvement for Jan - July 2011 (100, 200, 300, 500, 800, 1100, 1400, 1800).  By the close of March 2011 we had 501 people with profiles and involved with our platform. That was 200 people higher than I had expected. I am hoping to have 3600 (or 60% of 6000) involved by the end of 2011. For engagement, I have projected 20% of those involved.  In other words, if there are 500 people with profiles on the platform, 20% (100) of those people would be engaged by creating content. Through these first three months we have been averaging about 15%.

With all of that in mind, I am making engagement my focus for April 2011.  Why? It appears that we are not having problems getting people involved at this point...so I will make engagement (creating posts, writing blogs, asking questions, answering questions, starting polls, voting on polls, etc.) my main focus for April.

By January 2012, I hope to report that we have at least 3600 (60% of 6000) involved and 720 (20% of 3600) engaged in creating content. Maybe this is not aggressive enough. So I will be willing to change my goals as 2011 gets underway.