6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2011 7:05 AM by Oosthuar

How is your company / department set-up to manage and support your Jive Instance?

Hi all --- I am curious to see how other companies are set-up to manage/support their Jive instance from both a functional and technical standpoint.   We use Jive internally and have approximately 80K employees.    We just hit our 1 year anniversary and currently have 50% participation rate.

• Re: How is your company / department set-up to manage and support your Jive Instance?

Hi, JJSchultz. We also use our Jive instance internally. For my organization, we have one enterprise community manager (me) that is tasked with a multitude of responsibilities. These include training responsibilities such as outreach to customers to inform them about our instance, development of trainings (in-person, phone, webinar, and interactive modules), and delivery of trainings, demonstrations and presentations. On the customer support side, I assist customers with "helpdesk" type questions, troubleshoot issues, develop spaces and assign space administrators, help with account inquiries, work with customers to customize their space (design, look and feel, etc.), and work with customers to get the most effective functioning. On the administrative side, I work through the admin console to adjust settings to our customers needs, customize messages, create reports, verify and approve account applications, and anything else that is needed. I work closely with Jive Support to help with any technical issues that arise that I don't have access or knowledge to fix.

We currently have over 5,000 users, with a steady increase of about 200 per month. I have been working with our instance since September 2008, and we have been through a couple of major version updates.

I also have other job responsibilities that have no correlation to the responsibilities listed above. While what I do related to my work with our instance takes the majority of my time, I find what I do is quite manageable with my other assigned responsibilities.

Congrats on your participation rate!

1 person found this helpful
            • Re: How is your company / department set-up to manage and support your Jive Instance?

Hi,

We have an internal instance hosted at Jive and 10K members (contractors and employees).   Until last summer, like Heather, I was covering also the main person.  Luckily, running the communities is my full time job and in the summer I picked up an intern to help.  I also have a Markeing IT group that helps with QA , upgrade support, and as the interface with IT.

We have been up and running since Aug 2008.

Mike

1 person found this helpful

Thanks Heather and Mike for the detailed responses.  Sounds as though we all have similiar roles with the tool.  I am a bit jealous of you Mike in that you can fully concentrate on tool vs. trying to manage it with other responsiblities.  I am hoping to get to that point soon as I feel my customers deserve better service and attention (more training, quicker response times, etc).  Thanks again!

Oosthuar

Thanx for info...in which functions do you report into i.e. IM, HR or Corporate Communication, etc

Anyway, in our company:

At company/HQ level we have no Community drive or support in place. The Group IM function only procure technology and ensure that it up and running - the content management is the ownership of each Business Unit. Neither group or any of the other BU’s have had any community drives or experience...

In our BU, communities was driven from a Knowledge Management perspective for the past 3 years. We had a soft launch focussing on the strategic disciplines and functions. Our adoption has been bad due to management support and technology problems. Community solutions are the MAJOR driver for capturing and sharing knowledge – we are a oil and gas technology company.

I am the KM manager with 3 Community consultants responsible for:

·         Setting standards, developing standard solutions / templates

·         Marketing community concept / awareness

·         Scoping community (i.e. defining specific use case and setting up items to deliver on use case)

·         Setting up community

·         Launching cop

·         Managing / supporting cop through to maturity

I also have a Knowledge Document Management team responsible for creating very formal knowledge document (and other essential records) solutions for the functions / disciplines.

Regards

Armand

082 805 1672