3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2011 10:10 AM by jhoehne

Managing Announcements across all groups

sbrown

We are in the very early stages of our production roll out. Our struture is such that we will make use of groups more so over spaces. I'm wondering if anyone has had occasion to send an announcement or a poll and have it appear in multiple groups without physically re-creating the same in each group ?

Thanks much!

• Re: Managing Announcements across all groups
          jhoehne

If I understand what you are trying to achieve...

For announcements – I think the simplest answer would be to post the announcement at the root space. This will cause it to appear on all user dashboards and generate an e-mail alert (in later versions of Jive)

For polls - I believe the default capability here focuses around the use of “Your View” or “Your Dashboard.” A user can add the Latest Poll widget to his/her dashboard. I believe this gives the user visibility into all polls from any space or group they are permissioned into. The poll widget is improved and allows a user to flip from next to previous easily, regardless of where the poll originates.

You might consider a lobby or water cooler type of common space to house that type of information also.

1 person found this helpful
              sbrown

Jon,

Thanks for the reply. On posting announcements in the root space, while I agree this would work, it would not target only specific business units and all groups that are owned by that business unit. Hmm.. I'll have to think this through a bit more on the best way to accomplish this.

On Polls, unfortunatly we have removed the 'Your View' ability since it will be non-existent when we upgrade to 5.0. Including it now would only have caused confusion amongst our users when 5.0 arrives.

I like the Water Cooler idea and simply ensure that everyone is following that group via email messages. That just may work!
              Thanks again,

Scott

jhoehne

For announcements – I think the simplest answer would be to post the announcement at the root space. This will cause it to appear on all user dashboards and generate an e-mail alert.

For polls - I believe the default capability here focuses around the use of “Your View” or “Your Dashboard.” A user can add the Latest Poll widget to his/her dashboard. I believe this gives the user visibility into all polls from any space or group they are permissioned into.

You might consider a lobby or water cooler type space to house that type of information also.