2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2011 11:59 AM by england_k

Is there an FAQ for widgets?

england_k

We are working on a document that explains what each widget is, does and how it can appear and behave differently depending on the size of the panel you place it into.

I would be really interested to see if anyone else has done something similiar for their community or if there is something that already exists on Jive.

Kim

• Re: Is there an FAQ for widgets?
          crossman

I have not seen any documentation with that level of detail, from Jive or otherwise. We haven't felt the need to go into this level of detail for our users for all of the widgets. In our training we do go into details about some of the important ones (Formatted Text, etc.) and provide some light guidance about presentation differences when the widgets are in a narrow vs. wide column.

• Re: Is there an FAQ for widgets?
              england_k

In that case I will share ours when we have completed it. Our community have gone crazy for the customization and have created some amazing groups - we have a group wall of fame going where people post a screen shot of how their group looks. This has now generated a wider interest in how people can customize and they want to understand all of the functionality. It may also be because we are migrating all of our intranets to our community and we are looking at the best possible way to demonstrate the content.