5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 1:58 PM by cameron.deatsch

Does anyone use Jive to augment internal employee support processes?

Looking for any ideas or use cases people have for minimizing employee support such as HR requests and/or internal helpdesk requests. A sweet pair of headphones from the Jive New Way Tour to the 1st person to respond that was able to measure the benefit of pushing these proceses to Jive.

• Re: Does anyone use Jive to augment internal employee support processes?

Hi Cameron – I do not have a specific example on minimizing employee support or helpdesk requests however, at UHG we have a very large group of Business Segment Liaisons (BSL’s) that support our employee / management population in all are aspects of their jobs.  Example support areas include but are limited to on boarding, transfers, moves, terminations, telecommuters, software and hardware purchases, training, travel, etc.

The BSL team has a community (space) in which their share documents, collaborate on hot topics via discussion threads, post ideas and / or solutions to submitted issues and requests, etc.  The BSL community is one of our most active communities on our site and has proven to be a very effective/efficient means of sharing relevant information

Hi Cameron – I do not have a specific example on minimizing employee support or helpdesk requests however, at UHG we have a very large group of Business Segment Liaisons (BSL’s) that support our employee / management population in all are aspects of their jobs.  Example support areas include but are limited to on boarding, transfers, moves, terminations, telecommuters, software and hardware purchases, training, travel, etc.

The BSL team has a community (space) in which their share documents, collaborate on hot topics via discussion threads, post ideas and / or solutions to submitted issues and requests, etc. The BSL community is one of our most active communities on our site and has proven to be a very effective/efficient means of sharing relevant information.

• Re: Does anyone use Jive to augment internal employee support processes?
            guckenjd

Cameron - we currently have start 3 initiatives.

Financial support - we are collapsing our financial business processing in to 4 regional centers around the globe to streamline processes.  These process centers have been outsourced, and we are you using our internal communities to allow the affiliates/countries interact with the new shared centers, and also functional specific SME groups, like Order 2 Cash and Purchase 2 Pay.  All SAP based.  Last year 40K trouble tickets were submited, which and estimate 40-50% were basically Q&A support.  This model is looking to reduce/eliminate that 40-50% of our TTs.

Outlook Migration support - We are about to migrate 45K+ users globally from Lotus Notes 6.5 to the latest version of Outlook & Instant Messaging.  We are using communities (based on Language) support the basic 'How do I...' questions but the users.  To avoid a tidel wave to our helpdesk

iPad Support - We in the process of rollout ~10k iPads to various units in our company.  There have been many question regarding 'how do I to this on my iPad' and like our Outlook community we are looking to the users helping other iPad users.