2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2011 8:46 AM by AmandaS

Really miss the 4.5 Ideas tab

AmandaS

Anyone else missing the 4.5 Ideas tab?  I used to be able to quickly scan through ideas and vote without having to drill in to each idea.  I find the current UI much less efficient.  I can't read as much summary info as before and I can't vote without drilling in.  If I'm just missing something please tell me, but I've hovered and moved all around and I don't see any way to vote other than to drill in to an individual idea.  You can vote via the Recent Ideas widget but it only shows a few items - not the same as scrolling through all Ideas or filtering the ideas view and then scrolling through to vote etc.

As a side note, I also used to go to Your Stuff-->Ideas to find things I had logged and check on them.  I know this is now under browse-->content-->authored-->ideas but it's just not as nice of a view (and obviously twice as many clicks).

• Re: Really miss the 4.5 Ideas tab
          John Schwiller

<found via the recommender>

I guess the ability to vote up or down could be easily added to the card view of ideas. There's enough room and it gives you about the same amount of info to read as 4.5. However voting without drilling in to read all the idea and comments might not be considered best practice but hey if you are pushed for time?

Why not add an idea to modify the card view and I'll vote up.

• Re: Really miss the 4.5 Ideas tab
              AmandaS

Sometimes in the old view you could read the entire idea without drilling in.  I actually think the card view is awkward for Ideas.  Those views are intended to apply to all content types but I don’t think they work well for ideas.  I’d prefer to see something designed specifically for ideas to create a better/special experience for them that drives up the value and usability of ideation.