3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2007 5:48 PM by ajohnson1200

read-only LDAP admin?

it2000

Hi,

is it possible to use a read-only instead an administrative account for LDAP?

It seems that the Clearspace admin can change the password of users using the manage users web gui, it did fail for me with an exception as I have a read-only LDAP "admin" user.

Also it''s usually not a good idea to allow the Clearspace admin to do things which only the LDAP admin should be able to do.

LG

• Re: read-only LDAP admin?

It is possible during the setup process to not specify an administrator DN, that fix got in a day or two before launch (as a result of your feedback iirc) so you if you''re using beta, run through the setup process again with the newest build.

• Re: read-only LDAP admin?
              it2000

Hi,

I run 1.0.0 and during setup I had as far as I remember not the option to select if I want to use LDAP as read-only or not. I did enter a user with read-only rights and this leads to exceptions if I try to modify passwords of random users. Anonymous bind (no DN) is not an option for me.

Is there an ldap.xxx property which I can modify to tell Clearspace that the account has no write rights?

LG