3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2007 12:58 PM by ajohnson1200

How to tie more than one Group Blog tied to a space

We have fairly seperate groups that want their own private sub-spaces.  I created a group blog for the sub-space and any blog posts they make there show up in that spaces ALL view.  They wanted to have a copule group blog created for their space but posts to these new group blogs don''t show up in the ALL view in the subspace.  Is it possible to have more than one group blog associated with a sub-space so that edits show up in the ALL view?

I also noticed that group blogs don''t have the option to add a group as authors.  That would be quite handy for these group blogs instead of having to pick individual authors.

• Re: How to tie more than one Group Blog tied to a space

Is it possible to have more

than one group blog associated with a sub-space so

that edits show up in the ALL view?

-- absolutely.  Go to the admin console --> spaces --> select the space you want to add the group blogs to --> settings --> blog settings --> enter the display name of the blog you want to add and click ''Add Blog''.

I also noticed that group blogs don''t have the option

to add a group as authors.  That would be quite handy

for these group blogs instead of having to pick

individual authors.

-- Good point, we''ll look into adding that.

Thanks, that worked. 

One last suggestion, if a site has multiple groups they do tend to like the personal blogs to be displayed in that groups workspace. It''s not such a big deal if there are just a few users but if groups start getting large it does become cumbersome. It would be nice addition to creating Space to add a group affinity to their personal blogs.

Message was edited by: rmonge

One last suggestion, if a site has multiple groups

they do tend to like the personal blogs to be

displayed in that groups workspace. It''s not such a

big deal if there are just a few users but if groups

start getting large it does become cumbersome. It

would be nice addition to creating Space to add a

group affinity to their personal blogs.

-- I think one thing you''re teasing out is that we haven''t emphasized membership in a group enough.  You can create groups, but we don''t give you the ability to do much with them. A group (maybe better: team?) should be a first class citizen in the Clearspace world and it''s not right now. Consider it noted.