6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2010 11:23 AM by davidspalding

Document Management needs search/sort/something

Document Management in the admin console needs better search - it''s 10 docs per page, sorted by date, jump to page only. Ideally sort by alpha, jump to letter, or better yet just search.

• Re: Document Management needs search/sort/something
          Kevin Williams

I was unable to reproduce the delete issue you were seeing.  I clicked the delete link on the right of the column, it gave me a "are you sure" popup, and after clicking yes, it was gone.

If you want to search for content as an admin, I would recommend logging into the application itself as admin and using the application''s search functionality.  You can delete the document just as there as well.

We too are having problems with undeleting documents - both in 1.10.3 and 1.10.8.

When I try to undelete a deleted document from the admin interface, the status changes from "deleted" to "incomplete". "Incomplete" seems to be the same as the "draft" state (the documents will show up as drafts in the user account). When I open these drafts (either from the main interface under "Your Stuff" -> "Document Drafts" or via the admin interface) the drafts for wiki documents look normal, but the drafts for uploaded files look like blank wiki documents. When I try to republish any of these drafts, I get a system error. After that, when I look back at the documents in the admin console, they show as published, but give me an error when I hit "edit". The documents don't show at all in the main interface. Furthermore, if I go to "Your Stuff" -> "Document Drafts" in the account that owns the document, I get a system error.

hi mphilips,

You make some good points here: the admin console is definitely not as easy to use as the front end. Interesting question for ya: would you rather administer the documents in your space from the front end (maybe we add more moderation / delete actions to the front end of the site) or do you find yourself doing a lot of stuff in the admin console already and you''d rather do it there?

Cheers,

AJ

RobAlexander

Another improvement we'd like to see to the admin console or front end is the ability for administrators to more easily change the order of how communities are displayed on users' main page. We have over a hundred communities and currently we have to keep clicking an up or down arrow to move each community one place at a time. Very tedious.

AJ, do you have any idea how soon such improvments might be made?

Thanks,

Rob

hey Rob,

Seems like that would be a perfect place for some drag and drop Javascript magic.  That's not slated for an upcoming release, but to answer your question in a roundabout way, we are slated to add widgets to the homepage of Clearspace per user so that each user has the ability to determine what shows up on their homepage if they so choose. That might help a little.

Cheers,

AJ

davidspalding

I favor ANY kind of search function allowing the sysadmin to find a document from the entire list of deleted docs. I would prefer Seach by Doc ID as I will have that when I open the space/project/group and see the deleted document.