3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2007 4:17 AM by johjar

Image Size Handling

Magpie

A significant productivity boost would be the ability to process an image to resize it when embedding it in a document.

Quite often images are much larger that required. Not much of a problem with a '' thick'' application like Word where you can resize a document.

• Re: Image Size Handling

hi Magpie,

We''ll be releasing some great image enhancements as part of Clearspace 1.2, which should be released near the end of this month.  Automatic image thumbnail generation is one of the enhancements.

Cheers,

AJ

Hi Aaron,

I've downloaded an evaluation version of Clearspace 1.3 and don't seem to get the thumbnail generation to work. I check the "Insert as thumbnail" in the "Insert image" dialog in the blog editor but the image is shown in original size anyway... Can you confirm this or do you think I'm doing something wrong? Is there a syntax I can use in the "Plain text" tab to get the thumbnail to be shown instead of the original image?

Regards,

/John

I found that the issue about thumbnail generation not working is already reported in JIRA. Don't forget to vote for it if you want it fixed!  

Since it is only the text that is missing a workaround is to add "thumbnail=true" after the imagename. If the imagename was image.jpg it would look like this:

!image.jpg|thumbnail=true! 

Cheers,

/John