1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2007 9:30 AM by ajohnson1200

admin broken links

rboutin

Question/new feature request....we plan on using the (ever improving) wiki capabilities of Clearspace extensively.  One of the issues we expect to see is the ever popular broken-link issue...where a user inserts a link and the target (internal or external to clearspace) is moved /deleted.

Would existing 3rd party link tools be enough for an admin to identify and correct this problem or do we need another solution, especially for internal Clearspace reference to nowhere...

Message was edited by: rboutin

• Re: admin broken list / alert

Would existing 3rd party link tools be enough for an admin to identify and correct this problem or do we need another solution, especially for internal Clearspace reference to nowhere...

Yeah, I think a third party tool that crawled Clearspace looking for broken links would work fine. One thing that may not work fine is that I don''t believe we return a 404 status code if you go to a document that doesn''t exist anymore, the current text I see is something like this:

System Error

• The specified document was not found.

So your third party link tool would need to be able to parse the resulting pages for specific text.

Cheers,

AJ