5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2009 2:56 PM by trumpcar

Custom PDF Templates

I would love to see some customizable PDF templates. So basically maybe I would have a drop down list below "Download (View) as PDF" or "Email Document" and I could customize that template list to include my company letterhead. I would like to be able to remove "Generated by ClearSpace on <date>" as well.

This would give me ability to generate a document that is client facing and email it directly from ClearSpace to the client. Going along with this is that you would probably want to set the reply address to that of the sender and not the server.

• Re: Custom PDF Templates

Hi nminor,

Thank you for your exploration and ideas for Clearspace!  I have started a discussion with our developers concerning your feature request for more PDF functionality.

I will pass along any relevant information generated in this discussion.

Cheers,

Will

Magpie

Yes, I'd like to see this as well. I'm not against having a Clearspace <span style="border: 0pt none ; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 50%; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; position: static; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; text-align: left; text-indent: 0pt; text-transform: none; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer"></span>reference, but I'd like even the basic ability to add our company branding to documents.

I assume that the current xsl c<span style="border: 0pt none ; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 50%; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; position: static; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; text-align: left; text-indent: 0pt; text-transform: none; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer"></span>ould be hacked to do this, but it would be better to have a GUI within the admin application to insert and manage this better. Ideally it should also have some conditional capability to output variables based on metadata <span style="border: 0pt none ; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 50%; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; position: static; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; text-align: left; text-indent: 0pt; text-transform: none; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer"></span>attributes.

Just wondering if there is any way to customize the footers of generated PDFs.

I have been asked to include our companies name in the PDFs.

Thanks,

Damian

PS - I am using Clearspace                             1.10.7, but will be upgrading to 2.5 soon.

pctech

Definitely would like to have the ability to modify the PDF template to add or remove things from it.  Any word on this?  Thanks!