1 person found this helpful
For my monthly reports, I use a combination of the following:
admin console Reporting tab
SAP Business Objects
Export Users from People tab in admin console and Excel to figure adoption by busines unit/country
Crazy Egg for heat mapping of the homepage
Mike, do you use this in conjunction with the Jive Analytics module? We don't currently have that, so I'm curious as to whether or not these are tools that I might be able to leverage as well.
I noticed you mentioned (quite some time ago!) you're using Crazy egg heat mapping in Jive. I'm not having any luck in making the script talk to the snap shot. When you have a spare moment, could you possibly walk me through the steps you took to enable this? I've tried embedding the code into third party analytics in the admin console...
Honestly, I haven't added Crazy Egg since then and at that time, the third-party analytics section was a bit different in the admin console. So, apologies as I couldn't walk you through the process.
I do believe that Google Analytics now has heat mapping included, but can not verify if it is as useful or good as Crazy Egg. Did you already add Google Analytics?
No worries Mike - totally appreciate it was some time ago. Yeah we already have Google Analytics integrated, I was looking for Crazy Egg on top of this, I'll take a look at the heat mapping which Google offers.
Thanks for your help.
1 person found this helpful
For our Pilot, we do not have the Jive Analytics (Business Objects) module. However, we are pulling down data and massaging it internally…here’s the overview:
1. Jive set us up to download a daily refresh of the analytics database from the Jive Cloud.
2. Jive provides the database schema and high level definitions of the tables. However, they do not provide a full ERD…so we pulled together a basic one for our needs.
3. We are using Postgres’ database (free download) to load/store the data.
4. We are using MS Access against the Postgres database to build the relationships, run queries, and export the data to Excel.
5. In Excel, we are building a number of Pivot Tables to analyze the data.
It took some time to get it setup, but we can no load the DWH and export the data to Excel within a few minutes.
The data we are reviewing continues to evolve, but looking primarily at:
1. Total Users vs Total Logged In
2. Unique logins per day
3. Types of activity in the system (and we are slicing it by region, country, dates, users, and groups of users). (Note: we had to create a table in Access that houses some of our specific user data to allow this level of detail.)
4. Number of documents, discussions, groups, etc. being setup…and slicing that by similar dimensions.
Overall, we have found the Admin Console reports provide minimal value and it is time consuming to get to the information you need.
- I just bridged this thread to our internal Analytics group, who will be very interested in this.
- If you're attending JiveWorld, DO NOT MISS these sessions on Wed Oct 6:
Thanks for these sessions. I will definitely be sure to check them out.