4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2012 8:55 AM by Scott Miller RSS

Community tab modification for Jive 5

Benjamin Liptak

I am attempting to create a plugin that will modify the UI for a space (including subspaces). Specifically the tab bar (lists tabs as Overview, Content, People, Subspaces and Projects)

I have been following the Jive 5 documentation (http://docs.jivesoftware.com/jive_sbs/5.0/index.jsp?topic=/com.jivesoftware.help.sbs.online_5.0/developer/IntegratingActionUserInterface.html), specifically the community-tabs instructions.

The example shows a tab bar with a much different style and content to it, which made me wonder if the steps I am seeing in the documentation relate to the jive 5 instance I am working with. Note that the instance I am developing on has no plugins installed beyond the one I am developing.

When I perform the steps to modify the community-tabs, I am not seeing any results when installing the plugin. I do see that my plugin is compiling correctly, and when I perform a modification to another area (admin tab bar, community-actions) things work correctly.

Could you provide some information on:

- Why the tab bar in the documentation for Jive 5 is very different to the space tab bar found in my development instance

- If my steps are incorrect, and what to do to fix it

- If I am using the wrong documentation, where to go to get the correct one.