4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2011 7:43 AM by CurtisG RSS

Jive 5 page layout question.

Kjarda

I just started working with Jive 5. I need to change the layout of the group member page. Currently, the left hand side is the j-second-nav div. I'd like to move this div in the template to the right side of the page but i wasn't able to find the template file where this code is. Any ideas?

• Re: Jive 5 page layout question.
          CurtisG

Hi Danny,

Can you provide a screen shot of the part of the page you are looking to move?

Thanks!

Kjarda

Hey Curtis,

Attached is the page I want to change. It is the group member list as you can see in the url.

I want to move the blue high lighted area to the right side and move the member listing to the left side like the 4.5.6 used to have. I tried to change the places.soy under the soysource directory but whatever I do the change will not show up. Do I need to repackage my web directory every time I make any changes?

Thanks.

Dannyexample-page.JPG

Kjarda

Hey Curtis,

I've found that the file I need to change is actually places/place.soy. My new question is do I have to make change in the target directory's soy file to test it and then migrate the change to the src directory's soy file or is there a different way of doing this like the old 4.x way of directly change the ftl file in the src and testing it? The workflow in Jive 5 felt like making changes to the plugin now. Am I right? Also can you point me to a Jive 5 documentation if there's any?

Thanks.

Danny