12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2011 1:29 PM by John Schwiller

New Changes?

John Schwiller
      Brian was the display of selected item in the stream new yesterday? If so have you announced all changes or will you?

Not on work mail so sorry if you already have.

Have emailed you info about login issue I am now having which may coincide with any change last night.
        • Re: New Changes?
          John Schwiller
          Answering myself re changes. Also now seeing compose screen no longer clipping but now buttons may be off screen (dont mind that =)  )

But this reply post IS clipping when just first para above - whereas the original didnt. [a bit perplexed =( ]

Then I add 2nd and 3rd paras and now it elongates with @ button off screen.

Idea, if you do a 'done' to hide keyboard to read the full post. Then click in it to make an addition and keyboard reappears please ensure cursor position is in the reduced window so you start typing without having to find your cursor.
            nsteinmetz

A roadmap document would be really helpfull to have a vision on what is to happen on the mobile version.

John Schwiller

For the benefit of others (Brian already has mail) since yesterday when I login to JC on Mobile 2 I am taken to an open compose reply screen for one of my cases rather than the stream. I have to cancel that to get back to the stream.

Edit: this is repeatable on my iPhone after many logins, however when I login on iPad (using same profile) it works fine.

Message was edited by: John Schwiller More info about iPhone and iPad

I'm not aware of any mobile-specific update yesterday but it is possible that there was one without my knowledge. I'm not seeing any change in the app though so it may be an isolated issue. I'm investigating.

John,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by

the display of selected item in the stream new yesterday

?  Thus far I can't reproduce any of the issues noted here.

- Brian

John Schwiller

Hi Brian

Sorry I haven't got a screengrab of what I was seeing this morning. And I've deinstalled and reinstalled now (if that affects anything).

If you go to a Status Update in the stream (on iPhone) and click it, for a fraction of a second I see it 'depressed' before I get taken to a 'loading' page and then the content. When I press Back I am now returned to the stream 'as usual'.

However, what I saw this morning on several 'goes' was that when I returned to the stream the item I had just looked at was still depressed and stayed so until I selected another item.

I assumed this was a design change.

Regret I'm still having the login problem. It's taking me to a reply compose screen for my case 'Can't Upload Picture to DM or Status Update'

John

Indicating what you tapped on prior to the transition to the item details page is by design but keeping it depressed when you return to the stream is not.  Now that we’ve resolved your login problem please let me know if this other issue still persists.

John Schwiller

Hi Brian - sorry for the delay in replying. So to recap, yes my login prob has gone.

Re the 'depressed' current item when I return to the stream, whilst I saw that several times this morning I no longer see that on returning to the stream. That's not an issue.

However, per an interaction with you a few days ago, when I return to the stream I am at the 'top' of the stream even if the content I'm returning from is some ways down the first page of stuff in the stream, or in a pull up page. Not sure if that's an issue but I'm just reporting what I see. I think you said you were returned to the item you came from in the stream?

Re the 'elastic' compose window, if I write enough lines I'm now getting the @ button off the screen which is not an issue but I dont think you've been doing that for long? I only noticed this functionality this morning and took it to be an indicator of a change you made yesterday - but sounds like I just missed it before?

As reported, I still have the 'issue' that when looking at an elastic compose window with the keyboard hidden, and I put the cursor in the lower half of the screen that causes the keyboard to appear but the elastic window view is top aligned so the cursor position is under the keyboard and requires a scroll down to expose where the cursor is before typing. This is only a minor niggle.

Hope that helps.

John