I'm really liking the Jive experience, but feel I want to stay on one page as my dashboard, just like Outlook. Instead it seems the personal dashboard in Jive is made up of many places. ie. the 3 What matters pages and the Browse pages...I feel I'm constantly jumping around, which I guess is in contrast to what I'm used to...so maybe it will just take time, which might make this post a bit premature.
I'm also used to the boxy feel of Facebook, Google Plus, Socialcast, Yammer...so it's taking me a while to adjust to the big font and long width content, and the various expand, preview buttons
In my Activity page I can filter to just see "status updates", but I'd really like to filter by other content types
- my Profile page doesn't do it either
- but if I want to filter my activity feed by blogs, discussions, places, etc...I have to leave and go to the Browse>Content page (But this is no help as Browse>Content does not filter content I follow, the word "following" is just post level stuff I follow)
In my Activity page I often want to see just my status updates
- but I can't I have to leave and go to my Profile page or the Browse>Content page
There's nothing wrong with this and Jive has all the features, I just feel I'm jumping around a lot, I feel like I don't have the master dashboard page where I hang out just like Facebook...which in Jive would be the Activity page ie. I have a need, and I think now where do I go for that, which page is that on my profile, a browse page, my activity page
- I just wish I could browse recent content I follow by type within my Activity Page, and also content by me by content type
- I also like the idea for my Activity page to have a list of my places and friends on the sidebar
- And for the Activity page to display my content and to filter this by type
NOTE: I only use Facebook as a comparison cause it's based on one homepage (the newsfeed), but Facebook does lack feature like searching content, I can't even browse my own content by object type
Why not make Communications, and Actions a tab on the Activities page or a drop down filter on the Activities page....just thinking out loud
In all everything is there, but I feel I need it in the one page experience.
What do people think? Are people at your work used to the one inbox experience eg Outlook