6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2007 11:47 AM by jtroyer

tracking your replies & points

I know I can track my questions and threads via Your Stuff > Discussions and Your Stuff > Open Questions, but is there any way to track my replies to other threads and if I've gotten points?

This is a feature request that comes up often on our forums.

• Re: tracking your replies & points

+1 I just got asked this question on friday from one of the users.

dawn

Personally, I would love to see this, so +1 from me as well.

I'm asking around to see if this is something that we can add to the product (or product manager is out this week on a much deserved vacation), but I'll see if anyone else knows the status.

it2000

Hi,

are your forum users counting the points every day like Dagobert who counts its gold coins every day? (;

I see no need to track who did spend them, but I'm very interested in an "Questions / Points spent" ratio which is visible for every user as there are users who ask, ask and ask and do not care about spending points, even if they get the right answer.

LG

For us it's not so much about the points but more about what conversations am I active in.  It would just be a quick way to check on how a conversation is going if i didn't sign up for email or rss feeds for that topic.  A bit like my Sent Items folder in email. 

it2000

Hi,

I did also ask for an extension of the filter "All Threads, Open Questions, Answered Questions" to see "My Active Threads" to track discussions I participate. sounds very similar to me.

LG

edited and added: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/thread/26362 - link to my initial request with this content:

... I''m missing options like "Unread Threads", "My Threads" (all I did create) and "My Active Threads" (all I did reply to).

... a button like "Mark for review and add private comment" would be very nice. If this is much too complicated a "Mark as Unread" button would help a lot."

@it2000: yes, sounds like we're on the same track.

Another one I got several times yesterday (we're demoing Clearspace at VMworld, our annual conference -- very good response so far!) is a filter for threads (or questions) with zero replies. I have several senior members of our community who like to go in and give a little love to those orphan threads.