5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2008 11:38 AM by levans04

Send as Email Enhancements

When using the "send as Email" link, it would be nice to be able to send  to a group or to be able to select multiple recipients using the "Select User" dialog. Are either of these planned for future releases?

• Re: Send as Email Enhancements
          nick

Groups are not scheduled at the moment, but upgrading all of our user pickers to accept groups is something we would like to do in the future. For 1.7, the following improvements have already been made to the Send as Email feature:

• Ability to specify multiple users separated by commas

• User Picker can select multiple users at once

• Pressing enter on the Send as Email form when focus is on the users field will no longer send the email, but rather add users to the list

Clearspace 1.7 will be released in early October and the beta release is already available.

This request is a HUGE one for us as well.  The way our organization uses Clearspace, we have content that really belongs to users in more than one community, and often these communities are VERY different and the users in one are not likely to have notifications turned on in the  other.  There currently is no way to advise  the  users in the other community that an item has been posted that they need to check out.

For example, we have a security community for members of our security committee (generally security managers) and we have a cargo community (essentially cargo marketing managers).  Well a cargo security program we have going on is of interest primarily to security managers so we post it there, but it impacts the cargo manager's business as well so we like to keep them informed.  The ability to "Send as Email" to groups would greatly help in this.

Cheers

RobAlexander

Nick,

This request is a huge one for us as well, along with a somewhat related request discussed at http://www.jivesoftware.com/community/thread/14982

Right now the ability to e-mail groups is the most requested feature of our community leaders. Any idea how soon it might be added?

Thanks,

Rob

levans04

I've been searching the Jive community to find out if there is a way to use the 'send as email' function to send to a group.  I was expecting there would be the ability to send to a user/permissions group created in the admin console.  So if we have a system administrator user group, I would be able to send a notification to that group, rather than needing to select each person individually.

This posting is the most relevant to my inquiry, but is a bit stale.  Has there been any movement in the direction of being able to send as email to groups?

levans04

I've been searching the Jive community to find out if there is a way to use the 'send as email' function to send to a group.  I was expecting there would be the ability to send to a user/permissions group created in the admin console.  So if we have a system administrator user group, I would be able to send a notification to that group, rather than needing to select each person individually.

This posting is the most relevant to my inquiry, but is a bit stale.  Has there been any movement in the direction of being able to send as email to groups?