5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2007 12:20 PM by jhibbets

Support attributes in wiki markup (ala textile)

Today I was making a document, and I wanted a left-aligned, borderless, linked image at the top of the document. I searched and could not find any way to add a small snippet of CSS to the specific element I had coded in wiki markup. In the end, I just had to use direct HTML instead. I'd have preferred to add some optional attributes to the link as you can with textile (see section 4 - Attributes.)

Bruce explained to me that there are some concerns about XSS vulnerabilities, especially regarding background images that could be supplied in CSS. I agree that these are serious concerns, but it would still be great to have the possibility for more precise control of any particular element by using a styling attribute. My image was linked to a target url, and I couldn't even find a way in wiki markup to turn off the ugly blue border it got automatically as a result of being linked. Alignment control didn't even seem to be a possibility.

No global stylesheet can predict all the ways an author may need to control styling in all instances. It would be a real enhancement for Clearspace to provide the capability for authors to override global styling by supplying specific styling attributes when necessary. I hope you guys will consider it, and textile provides a very widely used example of a quasi-standard way to do it.

Thanks,

Rick

• Re: Support attributes in wiki markup (ala textile)

We're testing out clearspace for our site and some alignment options for text, though more specifically images would be GREAT!! We often right align images in our current site and with Clearspace's wysiwyg editor this wouldn't work. Also, I found another post that said you removed the paste from word functionality. Is there any way to re-enable this functionality?

I'm in the same boat as you are.  I want MORE wiki mark-up than what is provided.  For your specific issue, I tried using:

!>
            !< 

for the image alignment and was unsuccessful.  I was chatting with support today and found out that textile is not the underlying wiki mark-up according to the person I spoke with.

Curtis Gross

Within the text editor there is a bit of an un-supported image alignment attribute.  (un-supported because it only works in the plain text, the rich text will remove that code.

!imagename.jpg|align=right! 

Here is some demonstration text.   Here is some demonstration text. 

Here is some demonstration text.   Here is some demonstration text.   Here is some demonstration text.   Here is some demonstration text.   Here is some demonstration text.   Here is some demonstration text.   Here is some demonstration text.   Here is some demonstration text.   Here is some demonstration text.   Here is some demonstration text.